PDA

View Full Version : Shedding Question!

Shedding Question!

centauri_aiuken
01-10-2007, 11:42 PM
How often do hatchlings shed?

My Hestia just had a shed on 12-21 and looks kinda cloudt again tonight (1-10)! Her last shed was perfect. Is this really soon to be seeing signs or is it normal for a two-pinkies-every-five-days feeding schedule?

Thanks!
~Sami~

Susan
01-11-2007, 06:17 AM
On average, hatchlings will shed once a month, but I have had the occasional hatchling shed every 3 weeks if growing rapidly, and have even had snakes shed with only 10 days inbetween (rare occurance, but it's happened several times).

Nanci
01-11-2007, 07:30 AM
Inez, who is 15 grams, went blue less than a month ago (but just about a month) and is blue again now. She's growing pretty rapidly- and coincidentally, I started cutting her mice in the last month.

Nanci

centauri_aiuken
01-11-2007, 10:42 AM
This would average about once a month, I suppose. she's in a burrowing phase now so I'm having more trouble monitoring her. xD I can't waitto see what she looks like when she comes out! I'm glad this is normal.

Nanci
01-11-2007, 10:53 AM
I'm so glad you brought this up! Here's my thought process:

Choco just had a huge growth spurt. I like it that I can see him in his moist hide. Inez will be out of sight for _days_! OMG, I forgot- I rebuilt Inez's moist hide with new moss instead of paper towels, why haven't I put it in with her??? (She didn't like paper towels last time, and wouldn't go in it, but now I have nice moss again.)

I'll have to put it in and show it to her when I get home. I hope she likes it- even though she shed just fine without last time.

Nanci

centauri_aiuken
01-11-2007, 11:17 AM
I hope she likes it too! I love how you can see all sorts of individual quirks with pets, like their likes and dislikes. That;s so cute! ^^

Also, Hestia did just crawl out to say good morning! Her eyes are definitely getting bluer. I need to make sure I have money set aside for my new 20gal at this rate!