PDA

View Full Version : Music and Corns/Room Lighting

Music and Corns/Room Lighting

angusrock
01-21-2007, 02:36 PM
I am 17 and i like my music loud... As for my corn snake, im not too sure... If i play my music loud ... can it stress out my corn or make him uncomfortable? ............another question i have is about my lighting in my room, you see my room is in my basemtn and i only have one window in my room, and its very small, not allowing much natural light in... I have always kept my 4 ceiling pot lights on during the day while i am at school, to make it seem mor elike daytime.. . Does it really matter if i keep my lights on?

terry fielder
01-21-2007, 02:47 PM
how can you be 17 and 26

terry fielder
01-21-2007, 03:34 PM
anyway i think as long as your snake gets some sort of light it should be ok and as for you music i don't think they can hear it but they can feel the bass if its to loud

matty100
01-21-2007, 05:25 PM
The music probably can make them feel unsettled as they will be able to sense the vibrations strongly.

As for light, it doesn't matter. Corns do not require light and are naturally nocturnal, so providing the heating is correct no light is necessary.

Joolz68
01-21-2007, 05:37 PM
I am 17how can you be 17 and 26:confused: Well, how old ARE you?

Jack B
01-21-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm thinking that the loud music will probably make the snake nervous. Snakes can hear according to the Smithsonian Answer Book on snakes. I can't think of any animals offhand that like loud music.

Does the snake and the loud music have to be in the same room? If there are more than one room in the basement maybe one can be a snake room and another a music room?

I think you'll probably be ok with 1 window for light though.

BeckyG
01-21-2007, 05:56 PM
As for light, it doesn't matter. Corns do not require light and are naturally nocturnal, so providing the heating is correct no light is necessary.

It does matter. Even though corns are nocturnal, they still need a day/night cycle. Depending on how dark your room stays, I'd recommend a fluorescent fish tank lamp on top of the viv. It's what I use on all of mine.

DogStar5988
01-23-2007, 01:31 AM
I have heard that it is good for snakes to have a normal daylike period, the room where my snake is is also dark so I just use a fishtank light and a timer I got at Wal-Mart for around $10. The timer makes it easier so I don't have to worry if I am not home. Also I really have no idea if loud music could bother your snake, their are many conflicting views on the subject of snakes and hearing. However as far as I know snakes are sensitive to vibrations so the bass of your music could really bother him/her, something you might want to try is setting the tank (or edges of the tank) on something soft that will obsorb some of the vibrations. Of course these are just my opinions and should not be taken as fact ;).