PDA

View Full Version : Do I look fat?

Do I look fat?

Lennycorn
01-27-2007, 05:15 PM
If the spine looks concave, is that a sign of being overweight??

SkyChimp
01-27-2007, 05:45 PM
I doesn't look fat to me, but it does look like it gets steady meals. Is the body fat near the vent?

Lennycorn
01-27-2007, 05:55 PM
No. I seen the typical fat deposits (hips) near the vent on this site before. I see nothing like that. But this "concave" area down the spine make me wonder. This snake is about three years old and I'm feeding an adult f/t mouse every seven days. It's never been brumated. I just thought I read it somewhere. :shrugs:

SkyChimp
01-27-2007, 05:59 PM
I think it looks very good.

matty100
01-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Looks very healthy to me. Actually i'm sure i remember being told that a slightly "concave" spine appearence is an indication that there is good mustle?

Roy Munson
01-27-2007, 06:54 PM
No. I seen the typical fat deposits (hips) near the vent on this site before. I see nothing like that. But this "concave" area down the spine make me wonder. This snake is about three years old and I'm feeding an adult f/t mouse every seven days. It's never been brumated. I just thought I read it somewhere. :shrugs:This is a case where knowing the snake's sex might be helpful. For a three-year old female, an adult per week is about right. For a three-year old male, an adult every two weeks is more appropriate. The concavity of the spine probably doesn't mean much by itself, and it's probably more or less pronounced depending on the snake's posture. An overweight male may not develop the fat deposits at the hips that an overweight female might. Does the snake feel squishy or very firm? I wouldn't worry much about a robust but firm adult...

Lennycorn
01-27-2007, 08:26 PM
Yeah, the sex..... Well this is a pet store snake, of course. And I wasn't planning on breeding it any time soon. So I never got it sexed. I'm guessing it's a male. I would say the snake feels a little squishy. It's over three feet but I haven't weight him yet. So a fourteen day feeding plan is what's suggested here. OK!
Thanks every one. :)

diamondlil
01-28-2007, 06:22 AM
Apart from the "cough" 'weight issues, that is a fine-looking snakey! Lovely bright colours :cheers: