PDA

View Full Version : possible regurg

possible regurg

cdncameron
01-31-2007, 03:09 AM
as the title says, i fed Shinzon just over 24 hours ago. he had just gone through his normal (only had for a month so normal is 4 times in a row) eating/digesting/pooping cycle then i fed him and all went as normal but i come home tonight and find something in the cage.

i'm only sort of worried because it appears to be more like poop rather then regurgitated food. my wonder is what should i be looking for aka what will it look like.....i was expecting a half digested hopper should it ever happen.

on another note. when Shinzon eats he seems to know his food won't fight back and doesn't bother to constrict, just strikes the head and immediately starts possitionning to swallow. should i just let him do this or try and move the hoppers more once he has them to try and trick him into thinking they are alive

thanks in advance for any advice

~James and Shinzon

DogStar5988
01-31-2007, 03:25 AM
After 24 hours I would expect a regurge to look more like what was eaten but I could be wrong. I have heard that regurges smell very, very bad so that is another indicator. I would play it safe and treat it as a regurge (10 day rule etc.), otherwise you risk another regurge. If you are fairly sure that it isn't a regurge I would still wait at least a week to feed again and feed less than normal. Good luck ;)

Fenderplayer108
01-31-2007, 07:14 AM
as the title says, i fed Shinzon just over 24 hours ago. he had just gone through his normal (only had for a month so normal is 4 times in a row) eating/digesting/pooping cycle then i fed him and all went as normal but i come home tonight and find something in the cage.

i'm only sort of worried because it appears to be more like poop rather then regurgitated food. my wonder is what should i be looking for aka what will it look like.....i was expecting a half digested hopper should it ever happen.

on another note. when Shinzon eats he seems to know his food won't fight back and doesn't bother to constrict, just strikes the head and immediately starts possitionning to swallow. should i just let him do this or try and move the hoppers more once he has them to try and trick him into thinking they are alive

thanks in advance for any advice

~James and Shinzon

A good way to tell is if there is white powder (urates) around the poop, then it was a poop. If not, it was a regurge. Wait 10 days and feed a smaller meal.

Also its fine that he just eats it, thats what they are suppose to do. When he gets up to larger F/T mice, you can wiggle it if you want, and he will probably constrict.

:wavey: