PDA

View Full Version : Problem

Problem

ferdelance
01-31-2007, 07:31 PM
One of my yearling snakes has not been eating and when i looked at it today its mouth was slightly ajar, I never have seen this with any of my snakes unless if they had some illness that I was aware if and there muscle was weakened, she however does not have any illness so should I be worried about this or try to bring her to a vet to examine her for illness (she is acting normally other then the open mouth and I can't spend the money unless I'm sure) any advise would be helpful and appreciated.

Lennycorn
01-31-2007, 09:33 PM
Is the snake do for a shed?

Fenderplayer108
01-31-2007, 10:06 PM
Sounds like a respiratory infection is coming on. Does she have a swollen or bloated body, gaping, open mouth breathing, Wheezing , or clicking noises when breathing. Bubbly, stringy or sheeting mucous?

If so, make sure she is kept in draft-free but well-ventilated enclosure maintained at the species' day time temperature gradient both during the day and at night. Raise the warm side of the tank up. This will help her own immune system to function better, and increase the efficacy of the antibiotics.

I would get her to a vet to get some antibiotics if this is the case. Good luck.

ferdelance
02-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah as it turns out she had a virus or something and passed away over night. I never saw that coming and now it bothers me a bit that I didn't. Now I have to find out if my other snakes have the virus too. Thanks anyway for trying to help though.