PDA

View Full Version : I think my snake is Horny

I think my snake is Horny

djreaction3001
02-02-2007, 11:45 AM
My yearling snake has completely gone off his food. He has always been an excellent eater and this is the first time this has happend. He hasn't eaten for nearly 4 weeks now and I am starting to worry slightly. I know this is common at this time of year but what I would like to know is how long can I expect this to go on for and how long could he go without food before I need to start worrying seriously? Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

TripleMoonsExotic
02-02-2007, 11:50 AM
1) I don't think "horny" is an appropriate term

2) None of my snakes in my colony have ever gone off feed due to the breeding season. I am not saying it doesn't happen, but that is more in the lines what boid do. I don't believe a yearling in particular is going to go off feed due to breeding, I would suspect other factors (inappropriate heating, day/night cycle off, parasites, etc.) are the culprit. I would be concerned if a yearling has not eatten in 4 weeks.

stragen
02-02-2007, 01:30 PM
I think my snake is Horny

OK, where i grew up (East London) that would have meant "I think my snake is Sexy". This would have been disturbing :)

From what blckkat says sounds like your snake has just gone off his food as opposed to being "horny". Do a search for "feeding problems" on the forum.... there is loads of advice in the thread "The Saga Continues"....

Good Luck!