PDA

View Full Version : tail cap(s)

tail cap(s)

plasticknives
02-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Yesterday I noticed that the very tip of my baby normal's tail was a little darker then the rest of her, and upon really close examination, I realized that the very end of her tail hadn't come off from her last shed (in the petstore)

I used the ol' snake-o-bath, as advised on these forums, and presto- not one, but TWO tail tap caps off! She can actually use her tail for gripping things properly now.

Tolmie's looking at me from her tank all grateful-like right now.

thanks all you forum members for all the good advice!

Lennycorn
02-02-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm glad it worked out for your snake. The humidity was probably too low at the pet store. You might want to bump it up next time the is due for a shed.

Good Luck.

plasticknives
02-02-2007, 05:28 PM
it DEFINATELY was.

there was a couple bp's in there that had old sheds stuck all over them.
I felt pretty awful about it, I suggested more humidity to the lady and she said she'd look into it.

THe lady there was really helpful though, and did seem like she was trying very hard to read up on all the different reptiles (they get a lot of animals form people who can't keep them any more) , but there was a lot of things that could be improved.

delano
02-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Some pet shops are actually quite considerate of their creatures, but to often some of the creatures are in appalling conditions. the best thing to do in those situations is to stop buying from that store and maybe even start boycotting it if they are really horrible. Up north(from where i live in england)a pet store was closed down and the owners prosecuted because the conditions where really horrible and some of the poor animals had died in their own excretions! :-puke01:

plasticknives
02-02-2007, 05:58 PM
no, it wasn't as bad as that. the lady was pretty good, generally. I think she thought that the sheds would just sort themselves out?

Everything was clean and the animals looked healthy save for that.

I don't have a humidity gage, but i do have a misting bottle for upping the tank humidity when my snake's in blue and i have a permanent moist hide in her cage that I change every couple days.