PDA

View Full Version : snake spray

snake spray

Wa$ted
01-19-2003, 11:26 AM
i bought this spray and ive heard some vitamins or sprays arent so good so has anyone heard of this,,,is it good,,

its called )Four paws) NAture's REptile Vita-spray

it says

*provides nature's vitamins
*contains electrolytes
*prevents drying of the skin
*keeps reptiles healthier for a longer life

VITA-SPRAY CAN BE USE ON ALL SPECIES OF REPTILES TO PROVIDE VITAMINS AND MOISTURE FOR A LONGER LIFE.

Vita-Spray vitamin enriched mist was formulated and tested by vets and herpetologists and found to be an excellent product for the prevention of drying skin,giving the reptile a longer and healthier life.
Vita-Spray vitamin enriched mist a vitamin spray to be used on your reptiles.it offers Vitamin D3 and other vitamins that are helpful to the reptile's health and well being.
IF vita spray is used daily it will create an envirnoment similar to the of you reptile had in the wild.

bmm
01-19-2003, 12:47 PM
Problem is that no one controls what they say on the bottles of pet products.

Sure its says "tested by tested by vets and herpetologists" But honestly that could mean a very terrible vet and a moron 95 year old herpetologist. It legal because there are no laws saying that a reptile product *must* do what it says. So basicaly a product could do nothing, but claim to do something.

Personally everytime I have heard of those products everyone I ask laughs and says its crap. Worthless. I don't even know a situation where a spray like that would work on a snake.

And this part: "IF vita spray is used daily it will create an envirnoment similar to the of you reptile had in the wild." Doesn't even make sense. What part of being covered in wet "vitamin" spray is like being in the wild? In the wild corns eat mice, lizards, maybe another snake, and thats it. They don't get a vitamin pill and they certainly don't soak in vitamin water. That part on the bottle is 100% to make you use it more, and buy it more, and spend lots more money.

hehehe :)

While I am sure it looks good, hoenstly don't waste you money again. :)

BMM

bmm
01-19-2003, 12:48 PM
You want me to look up some "research" or articles or others opinions on it for you and post them I can but let me know in a message as I don't have time right now.

:)

bmm

Ariel
02-02-2003, 01:01 PM
Hey!
I bought an expensive herp spray that has aloe vera and emmolients to soften the skin and help shedding. I have seen a difference- it helped my snake- altho it's possible that plain water sprayed on her would do the trick equally as well...
//Ariel

Noel_Gallagher
02-02-2003, 01:37 PM
ive used that spray your on about for a while, it does aid in shedding and i think gives the scales a glossier look but like someone has said, that may be done by water alone

bmm
02-02-2003, 01:56 PM
Exactly.

The spray does just that, you have it so you spray them during a shed, so they are getting more moisture. Its fine to use if you really feel that it makes a differance but in reality its works just as well if you re-filled the bottle with water. But to each their own. Personally I wouldn't spray anything on a snake aside from water, that wasn't 100% tried and tested to make a differance, it would just waste too much of my money. IMHO

bmm

mariska
02-04-2003, 06:24 PM
a spray like that is not really needed, if you feed good (live or prekilled once every month instead of frosen) the snake will have enough...but....
there is one thing i do...
i give extra calcium once i have seen mating to the females...that makes sure i get nice,healthy and strong eggs...there is much to say about that kind of things...i just know that last year i didnt do that and my regular had 16 eggs of which i could tell the collour of hatchlings befor they hatched..:(
so this year...ill put some calcium on the mice before i feed them again...vitamines: it wont harm them...and if you feel right with it, go for it...vit a and d are good anyway, but if the snake doesnt have probs shedding, its not really a need to give...
maris