PDA

View Full Version : feeding live

feeding live

snake novice
01-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Okay, first off I don't want to start this post for people to argue about live vs. frozen mice.

My question is for those who do or have fed live mice. I want to know if your snake(s) has every been injured when being fed live mice. If so, how many times, and how severe.

Thanks for your time,
CZ

Alicia
01-21-2003, 03:25 PM
I have one snake in my collection that will only eat live. So she gets live food:) Attempts to change her over have not been successful. She is not a Corn. I really love keeping Corns for this very reason, most are not picky eaters. I have never left a live rodent unsupervised with my snakes. If they don't kill it right off it comes out. There is always another day to try again. I can remember when feeding live was the only way most people did it!! We didn't have the option of ordering mousecicles:D I have never personally had a snake seriously injured by a mouse or rat. I have of course seen the pics of those animals that have been seriously or fatally injured and it is terrible. Most of these terrible injuries occur when the snake is left unsupervised, sometimes for extended periods of time. I have a male Creamsicle that has a scar on his back from being left alone with his live meal. This happened before I aquired him. I personally choose f/t or prekilled (fresh). It's safe and the frozen is very convenient. But, I will do whatever I need to to feed my animals and if they will only take live then live it is:D

Good luck.