PDA

View Full Version : the one i least expected....

the one i least expected....

syschinslater
02-12-2007, 01:59 PM
regurged! sigh....as if i need more stress! lol. i checked on my little lavender boy this morning after i had fed him last night, and there it was, discusting and semi digested. Last snake i had (my little hurricane snow mot) that regurged, eventually died. He took two pinkie heads after his regurg but eventually starved himself to death, poor baby. :(
im just hopeing hopeing HOPEING that the same thing doesnt happen now now to Lyssander (the lavender) , if it does, oh geez, i dont even know what i'll do!

just thought i'd share so i can make it official. :)

terry fielder
02-12-2007, 02:18 PM
are your temps ok? and i have heard about putting grape seed exstract in a snakes water i think it helps with stomache acids

diamondlil
02-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Bad news Alexis. Just read the faq and follow the instructions, this advice from Kathy Love is what saved my snow, Diamond Lil. I had my MBK regurge last feed and he's just had his 10-day fast and grapefruit seed extract and digested his smaller feed nicely now

starsevol
02-12-2007, 03:22 PM
I am so sorry this is happening to you. Kathy Love does give great advice, she helped me last year when I had a regurge. Good LucK

desertanimal
02-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Yep. Follow the slow feeding schedule as Kathy suggests, and definitely try to get to the bottom of what made the snake regurge in the first place. Temps? Handling too soon? Prey item too large?

I've had two regurges from two different snakes that I know were due to temp problems, and once the problem was corrected I had no further trouble. Hopefully you'll have the same luck!

syschinslater
02-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the concern and support guys! I just recently aquired Kathy Love's cornsnake manual (most recent one) and morph guide so i'll go by that. This grapefruit seed extract is alien to me, is it something you can buy at a supermarket? or can u squeeze it from the grapefruit?
Thanks a lot!
Alexis

tyflier
02-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Most health food stores sell grapefruit seed extract. Or a supermarket might have it...