PDA

View Full Version : Antz are they a problem

Antz are they a problem

666killademon
02-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Lately i have seen ants in my house which is crazy cuz i've never had that problem b4 but anyways i wanted to know if they would actually try to snack on my snake

stragen
02-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Dint know if they would snack on your snake or not, but i definitely wouldn't want them in the Viv.... they will bring all sorts of germs etc with em i expect.

666killademon
02-13-2007, 05:43 PM
do u think if i spray ant killer around the area of the cage it will affect the snake

Ssthisto
02-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Probably, because ant killer is a poison and aerosol type sprays can get into your snake's lungs.

I'd be inclined to use something that isn't a toxic spray - maybe some sort of bait near where the ants are getting in?

666killademon
02-13-2007, 05:56 PM
thanks ill do that

666killademon
02-13-2007, 05:58 PM
one more thing how often do snakes crap cuz its been a week and a fully digested meal and my snake still hasn't crapped

Tula_Montage
02-13-2007, 06:15 PM
one more thing how often do snakes crap cuz its been a week and a fully digested meal and my snake still hasn't crapped

Little tip, tone down the bad language and present yourself a little clearer :cheers: It will go a long way.

Almase
02-13-2007, 06:50 PM
How many days does it typically take for the snake to crap, or for the food to go through their system?

Shade
02-13-2007, 07:29 PM
It takes my cornsnake about 3-4 days to completely expell a fuzzy mouse from it's digestive system. It defecates a few times over the course of those 3-4 days.

666killademon
02-13-2007, 08:00 PM
hold up crap is a bad word i just read my responses and if i wanted to say bad words i wouldn't use crap im from the chicago streets and when u say crap u ARE toning it down

Tula_Montage
02-13-2007, 08:02 PM
hold up crap is a bad word i just read my responses and if i wanted to say bad words i wouldn't use crap im from the chicago streets and when u say crap u ARE toning it down

There are young kids on this forum you know. Poop is generally used to describe snake feces :shrugs:

666killademon
02-13-2007, 08:04 PM
im not tryin 2 be disrespectful but that was just 4 future reference but anyway would they deficate in their hides

Tula_Montage
02-13-2007, 08:06 PM
im not tryin 2 be disrespectful but that was just 4 future reference but anyway would they deficate in their hides

Sure snakes poop whereever, whenever. A few of mine poop in a certain spot. And thats their happy place so to speak.

Appreciate the language change btw :cheers:

666killademon
02-13-2007, 08:13 PM
no problem man as long as respect is given i have no reason to disrespect thats how it is in the street and thanks for the info appreciate it

Roy Munson
02-13-2007, 08:19 PM
There are young kids on this forum you know. Poop is generally used to describe snake feces :shrugs:

Maybe there's a slight difference to the way some words are viewed in the U.K. vs. the U.S.. Heck, the U.S. is a big place, so maybe there are even regional differences here. "Crap" is definitely not considered foul language in all the places I've lived. "Poop" is considered to be sort of a kid's word-- like pee-pee. I see the word "piss" used all over this forum, and in the U.S., it is definitely more of a swear word than "crap" (and when we say "pissed", we mean angry, not drunk).

Just wanted to give you a heads-up on that, my friend. :) As an added bonus, I was afforded the opportunity to use the words "poop" and "pee-pee" in the same post. :grin01:

Susan
02-13-2007, 11:30 PM
At my house, for the children, the terms are "tee-tee" and "doopie".

But I would like to know, is "taking a dump" appropriate?

Tula_Montage
02-13-2007, 11:34 PM
Maybe there's a slight difference to the way some words are viewed in the U.K. vs. the U.S.. Heck, the U.S. is a big place, so maybe there are even regional differences here. "Crap" is definitely not considered foul language in all the places I've lived. "Poop" is considered to be sort of a kid's word-- like pee-pee. I see the word "piss" used all over this forum, and in the U.S., it is definitely more of a swear word than "crap" (and when we say "pissed", we mean angry, not drunk).

Just wanted to give you a heads-up on that, my friend. :) As an added bonus, I was afforded the opportunity to use the words "poop" and "pee-pee" in the same post. :grin01:

LOL I just think crap sounds sooo crude and unnecessary? Like Susan said I'd rather say "I'm away for a dump" rather than "I need a crap".

And piss is generally used to describe the intoxicated in Scotland LOL

Almase
02-14-2007, 04:52 AM
Yeah, hes got a point I guess with the regional differences. But you know, here in the US I think more kids swear than adults do LOL. Yeah, but crap is nothing. Dump is more crude than crap. You say pissed as intoxicated in Scottland? Here in the US you are ****faced.

Tula_Montage
02-14-2007, 05:29 AM
Yeah, hes got a point I guess with the regional differences. But you know, here in the US I think more kids swear than adults do LOL. Yeah, but crap is nothing. Dump is more crude than crap. You say pissed as intoxicated in Scottland? Here in the US you are ****faced.

Well in Scotland its actually "pished" or "ratarsed"... either way you were drunk as a fart!

Dave123
02-14-2007, 06:31 AM
But you know, here in the US I think more kids swear than adults do LOL. Yeah, but crap is nothing.

Ohh yea that is definitly true. If I walk down any hall in my High School (mostly senior hall) you will hear soo many bad words. (We are a Catholic Private School) One of my teachers that has her classroom on the senior hall says she can't believe what she hears. I guess back when some of you guys were in school most people didn't cuss, right?

gwb8568
02-14-2007, 07:26 AM
never Dave, never...........we didn't have cuss words way back then. :grin01: we just used "dropping the deuce" or "growing a tail" and "throwing some water". sorry for adding to this crappy thread, as all the language is not real nice anyway......but figured if you can't beat 'em, add a few more slang terms.

galen

p.s..... But I would like to know, is "taking a dump" appropriate?
no, but "leaving" one would be.

Roy Munson
02-14-2007, 07:56 AM
never Dave, never...........we didn't have cuss words way back then. :grin01: we just used "dropping the deuce" or "growing a tail" and "throwing some water". :roflmao: And since this is a herper's forum, we shouldn't forget about all the lizard draining and turtle-head poking! :grin01:

I've always hated the phrase "take a dump". I can appreciate crudeness if I can find humor in it, but this phrase doesn't amuse me. :shrugs:

Ssthisto
02-14-2007, 08:13 AM
Better than "Coiling a Stool", which is possibly the most horrendous euphemism for making fudge bars that I've ever heard.

snakemom1961
02-14-2007, 08:32 AM
:roflmao: And since this is a herper's forum, we shouldn't forget about all the lizard draining and turtle-head poking! :grin01:

LMAO... Thanks dean for a good laugh!

PS. I much prefer Crap to taking a dump!

666killademon
02-14-2007, 09:13 AM
i don't know how the conversation got to talkin bout S#@t but whatever it gave me a good laugh :grin01:

gwb8568
02-14-2007, 09:15 AM
:roflmao: And since this is a herper's forum, we shouldn't forget about all the lizard draining and turtle-head poking! :grin01:
LOL i agree Dean, as Alabama Mud Snakes were quite popular back in the day as well.

galen

Yvonne112
02-14-2007, 01:03 PM
well, I think if everyone would just use terms that they would use when talking to their grandparents, we'd be o.k. It's only a matter of respect isn't it?
But...since we're having so much fun with different "term"... in my house we just say that we're "dropping the kids off at the pool" :toiletgra

Ssthisto
02-14-2007, 01:56 PM
Where I work, it's a fairly small office, and it's pretty obvious if someone's gone to the toilet. What winds up happening, inevitably, is that someone telephones for the toilet visitor.

Now, saying "He's just stepped out for a minute" can be misinterpreted, and we often get told to 'go find him.'

So we came up with the euphemism "Gone to the Accounts department" - namely, "he's gone to spend a penny".

Right up until we actually GOT an accountant ... so now it's "Going to the Human Resources department".

Roy Munson
02-14-2007, 02:06 PM
So we came up with the euphemism "Gone to the Accounts department" - namely, "he's gone to spend a penny".

Right up until we actually GOT an accountant ... so now it's "Going to the Human Resources department".
Hah! Most of the HR people I deal with are full of... pennies. ;)

tom e
02-14-2007, 02:32 PM
Filing some "Paper Work"... :sidestep:

Almase
02-14-2007, 05:06 PM
Turtle ones huh? Like, I gotta go drop the turtles off at the pond? Or Drop the kids off at the pool. My favorite one was on that tv show where they were in a French resteraunt and the guy said "I've gotta go bomb downtown Paris" I think that was from Til Death with the big guy from Everybody Loves Raymond.

moorbs1
03-02-2007, 01:16 PM
Little tip, tone down the bad language and present yourself a little clearer :cheers: It will go a long way.

Crap is a bad word, I mean honestly. I have heard much worse on basic cable and on disney movies. Give me a break. If we are talking about censorship then maybe we should take a look at the happy face things like the two you have that are toasting the beer mugs or the other happy face thing with the flamethrower.

Yvonne112
03-02-2007, 01:51 PM
I don't get it, you're comparing apples to oranges. We're talking about using respectible language on this site. I don't think anyone should have a problem with that. Are you saying that you find those little happy faces offensive??
:shrugs: :sobstory:

desertanimal
03-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Lately i have seen ants in my house which is crazy cuz i've never had that problem b4 but anyways i wanted to know if they would actually try to snack on my snake

It depends on the kind of ant. However, if you see the ants getting close to the viv, you can sprinkle a perimeter of baby powder or baking soda or some similar powdery substance around it. Ants don't like to walk in it.

tom e
03-02-2007, 02:48 PM
I like that suggestion Desert Animal! I for one, prefer to live among ants than to use pesticides. Than again, I don't think the little black ants we have in the west (assuming you have the same ones I do) are much of a danger to anything.
Keeping things clean, go along way towards discouraging ants too. Find out what's bringing them inside, most likely it's not the snake itself, and get rid of it.
If it's hot where you live (666killademon, not desert animal- I know it's hot where you live!!) they might be coming in from the heat and attracted to the water bowl, you can offer them water closer to where they are coming in... Not ideal, but we live in a world with ants, and they pretty much do as they please- Even pesticides aren't very efficient when it comes to ants...

Flagg
03-02-2007, 03:10 PM

Is "crap" considered to be bad language in Scotland? I didn't see any bad language in that post.

snakemom1961
03-03-2007, 02:30 AM

My thoughts' exactly. I had no idea "crap" was not an accepted word. I know most use Poo, but realy is ''crap" so bad? if you had said s%#@ I could understand but "crap"? PULEASE!

nitetygress
03-03-2007, 03:15 AM
Um... back to ants...

You can use vinegar and water mix (about 75% vinegar) and it kills them and kills their scent trail. It is also non-toxic to animals. I use it to clean all my animal dishes etc. I'm pretty sure is disinfects just as well as soap if not better.

moorbs1
03-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Actually, the inventor of the toilet, his name is Johnathan (John) Crapper. Thus, nicknames for the modern day toilet include john as in "going to sit on the john". Also, derived from the last name Crapper "taking a crap" or "my snake hasn't taken a crap". I feel that this makes the word "crap" acceptable.

stragen
03-03-2007, 03:57 PM
Actually, the inventor of the toilet, his name is Johnathan (John) Crapper. Thus, nicknames for the modern day toilet include john as in "going to sit on the john". Also, derived from the last name Crapper "taking a crap" or "my snake hasn't taken a crap". I feel that this makes the word "crap" acceptable.
It was actually Thomas Crapper, so i don't know where "going to the john" came from.....and technically he didn't actually invent the toilet.... and the word crap was apparently in use before Thomas Crapper came along. Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flush_toilet#Invention_timeline)