PDA

View Full Version : Fed Large Mouse, Neck Skin Stretched

Fed Large Mouse, Neck Skin Stretched

ssmorsi
02-16-2007, 12:11 AM
On the last feeding, I gave my snake a larger-than-normal sized mouse. He ate it with no problems. However, I noticed the skin just below his jaw has stretched out. It's not drastic but definately noticeable for me. Should I be concerned? :shrugs:

Susan
02-17-2007, 02:53 PM
How long after feeding did you notice the stretched skin, how long has it been since feeding and is the skin still stretched? Also, how old/large is your snake and the meal you fed? I've noticed on some of my males that they seem to be "larger" in the throat than other males or females. It becomes noticeable after they reach a certain size (about 150 - 200 grams). If that's what it is, I think it's just a "guy thing".

ssmorsi
02-17-2007, 04:15 PM
The skin appeared streched right after I fed him. It was a fairly larger mouse (compared to the typical adult maouse). This was 2 weeks ago. I just fed him again with an adult mouse. Right after he ate this time, his throat seems to go back to normal...

He's about 2 yrs now measuring 41" long and about 1 1/4" in diameter. :crazy02:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u317/ssmorsi/PICT0003Small.jpg

SkyChimp
02-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Normal. Don't worry about it. Every snake I've ever fed a meal bigger around than its neck developed that. It shoud disappear shortly after the meal gets past thr neck.