PDA

View Full Version : Dead, frozen mice in CT?

Dead, frozen mice in CT?

Guadalupe
02-19-2007, 07:19 PM
Where do all you CT people get your frozen feeders? All the pet stores are wicked expensive, and shipping from online places are expensive too...any alternatives?

Lennycorn
02-19-2007, 07:28 PM
We get them a reptile shows or mainly on-line.
I think that the Mouse factory (I guess others will too) will let you or count of 50, 50 pinks 50,fuzzy etc. so you can "split" the order. But also if you contact other owners that live near you. You can order bulk and split the s/h charges.

Roy Munson
02-19-2007, 07:31 PM
I buy mine online at The Mouse Factory. But I buy very large orders, so it's the most cost effective option for me. If I only had one snake, I'd probably bite the bullet and go the pet store route. That would cost $2-$5 a week, but that's not so bad. If I had only a few snakes, I'd look into online purchasing. TMF vaccuum-seals its packaged mice, so they can last in the freezer for a year or more.

Lennycorn
02-19-2007, 07:48 PM
I buy mine online at The Mouse Factory. But I buy very large orders, so it's the most cost effective option for me. If I only had one snake, I'd probably bite the bullet and go the pet store route. That would cost $2-$5 a week, but that's not so bad. If I had only a few snakes, I'd look into online purchasing. TMF vaccuum-seals its packaged mice, so they can last in the freezer for a year or more.

Owning only two snakes, "I bite the bullet". In my opinion, buying them on-line save a lot in the "hassle" for driving to the pet store once a week. And the f/t that they sell at the chain pet stores look like crap! And are more money than on-line company with the s/h charges. And like Roy states they come vacuum-seals and can last in the freezer for a year or more.
You just need to figure out what size your going to need for a year.
That's if you have the room in the freezer which doesn't take up that much room.

Guadalupe
02-19-2007, 08:53 PM
Yeah, the mice at the pet store are $1.50 each, which is outrageous, since they're like, $.19 online. Even with shipping, online is cheaper, but I was just wondering if I could have the best of both worlds (i.e. $.19 mice w/ no shipping). Guess not though. Thanks.

Lennycorn
02-19-2007, 08:58 PM
Yeah, the mice at the pet store are $1.50 each, which is outrageous, since they're like, $.19 online. Even with shipping, online is cheaper, but I was just wondering if I could have the best of both worlds (i.e. $.19 mice w/ no shipping). Guess not though. Thanks.

Hey Guadalupe, Just between you and me if you sweet talk to a few member who live near you. Well.... you might be able share an order with them. :shrugs:

Ohhh Roy sweety..... :grin01:

Roy Munson
02-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Hey Guadalupe, Just between you and me if you sweet talk to a few member who live near you. Well.... you might be able share an order with them. :shrugs:

Ohhh Roy sweety..... :grin01:

Well, it could be arranged. But I also supply my sisters' snakes mice, and I didn't really get into this hobby to become a negative-profit frozen rodent distributor. :grin01:

Guadalupe
02-19-2007, 09:33 PM
When's the next closest reptile show? Long Island in March?

Lennycorn
02-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Well, it could be arranged. But I also supply my sisters' snakes mice, and I didn't really get into this hobby to become a negative-profit frozen rodent distributor. :grin01:

Yeah , but she cute!!

Guadalupe
02-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Aww, while Lupe knows that she's the cutest freakin' thing in todo el mundo, she thanks you, nonetheless...

Roy Munson
02-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah , but she cute!!
Sure! But there's just something wrong with using frozen vermin to lure pretty young senioritas into my lair... :grin01:

Lennycorn
02-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Sure! But there's just something wrong with using frozen vermin to lure pretty young senioritas into my lair... :grin01:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Your just to........ :cool: cooooooooooool.

You got my vote!

Thanks....