PDA

View Full Version : Growth

Growth

xrazorxsharpxkissesx
02-20-2007, 10:44 AM
My anery corn is about a year and a half old, however i've seen various other corns around the same age but are so much longer and chunkier than mines.

He's currerntly eating small mice, and the occasional small rat.

And he just doesn't seem to be getting chunkier, dont get me wrong he's started getting longer though.

Guadalupe
02-20-2007, 11:00 AM
I can't really offer any advice, but Lupe is about the same age and also very small...but by all accounts (i.e. mine and the doctor's) she's healthy. I hope this is at least comforting...

xrazorxsharpxkissesx
02-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Yes, a healthy snake is always the best :)

Thank you

tbtusk
02-20-2007, 11:20 AM
A lot of people have mentioned that cornsnakes grow at wildly different rates. My corn, Raya, who I'd guess is 20-22 months, is 280 g and over three feet,but it seems that others have 2 year olds not anywhere near that size. I don't know, but I'd guess that size really isn't something to worry about as long as the snake is fed properly, because adult lengths can be anywhere between 3 and 6 feet.

Susan
02-21-2007, 06:36 AM
My anery corn is about a year and a half old, however i've seen various other corns around the same age but are so much longer and chunkier than mines.

He's currerntly eating small mice, and the occasional small rat.

And he just doesn't seem to be getting chunkier, dont get me wrong he's started getting longer though.
It sounds like your anery is growing very well. Added length and not width (but maintaining a healthy width) means your snake isn't getting fat on the diet you're providing. Besides, some snakes are more long and lean while others are short and plump. I've seen pics of some of those other huge subadults, and I personally think at least some of them are fat and have a "power-fed" look (ie - small head on a huge body). IMO, corn snakes were meant to take 3 years to reach breeding size...not 18-24 months.