PDA

View Full Version : Flaky Nose :(

Flaky Nose :(

Snake Queen
04-26-2002, 09:31 PM
My 1 and 1/2 year old female corn, Xena has a flaky nose. Her nose is normal, but there are tiny flecks of skin hanging off it. Its not red, or black, or any color. It's not inflamed, either. I do not know why it is flaky. I just changed her bedding to aspen shavings a few weeks ago. Up until them she has been living with paper towels. Could the roughness of the aspen be the problem? She likes to bury in it. Also, she is long enough to reach the screen top, and maybe thats the problem. There are no rocks, or sticks, and her water dish is smooth. I would appreciate it very much if any one could offer me some advice on how to stop it from getting worse or something that I can put on it to make it better, or advice on what the problem may be. Oh, she shed about a month ago, and will it get better if she sheds?

Thank you very much for any help you can offer.

lynn
04-27-2002, 10:49 AM
Could be that she is ready for another shed. Mine missed a shed last month and her nose sort of looked dry but when she shed this month it was allright again. Has she got anything rough to rub herself on, it usually help's to start them off?

Kaz
04-27-2002, 10:52 AM
If you have just started putting aspen in her vivarium then the flaky nose could just be where she has been buring under it, and maybe she's due for a shed soon, so dont worry too much.

Reed Taylor
05-07-2002, 07:05 AM
It could also be reminants of a previous shed that it has not gotten rid of. Try soaking it in some water and then gently rubbing your finger across it.