PDA

View Full Version : Ummm Damien Ate a Big Mouce :/

Ummm Damien Ate a Big Mouce :/

Pet Corn Snake
02-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey guys, i fed Damien the small adult mouce today, he ate it, but i think he really struggled :/ he did get it down after about 3 mins, normally he eats rat pinks in 30 seconds... finally i can see a lump though! i think i would rather over feed him then underfeed him "wouldnt i?" ummm, also somone said to wait 3-4 days and if the lump aint gone/ if its not gone and gone bigger then its rotting inside him :/ what should i do if this happens?

Anyways i did get some pics, please tell me if#
1) i should get smaller food
2) should i change his eating scedual to 10 days?

Tula_Montage
02-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Looks alright to me. And no, overfeeding is worse than underfeeding. Regurges are usually caused by low temperatures or prey items too large. In either instance its bad for the snake.

Damien looks like he could fatten up a bit anyway. Just leave him alone for few extra days (if thats possible) if you are unsure. He should poop within 5 days.

Jimmyman28
02-24-2007, 11:50 AM
I think if he reg. this mouse change back to what he normally ate. If he doesn't I would say keep with this except wait a little longer to feed him.

Pet Corn Snake
02-24-2007, 11:53 AM
So, if he spits it back out, go back to rat pinks? if he doesent and over the 3-4 days the lump goes as normal, keep the same mice and feed every 10days?

Fenderplayer108
02-24-2007, 11:55 AM
So, if he spits it back out, go back to rat pinks? if he doesent and over the 3-4 days the lump goes as normal, keep the same mice and feed every 10days?

I don't think he will spit it back out, that seems to be a good sized rodent to feed. I feed snakes that are on adult mice every 7 days.

Tula_Montage
02-24-2007, 11:55 AM
I would feed every week... Cutting back to 10 days is what I do for ADULT males who have slowed right down in the growing process.

BTW are you positive of his sex? If its female then you want to be feeding a little extra (with plans to breed or not I still fatten the females up more).

Jimmyman28
02-24-2007, 12:03 PM
I don't think he will spit it back out, that seems to be a good sized rodent to feed. I feed snakes that are on adult mice every 7 days.

He probobly won't but if he does. It looks like Damien is going to take that mouse down easy.

Pet Corn Snake
02-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Ummmmm, he struggled just a little : P but he got it down in the end, and ummm, the petstore owner claims he's mail, and i get the feeling he is too, so i'm not 100% but i get the feeling he is : P

Tula_Montage
02-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Getting the feeling and internal organs (genitalia) are completely different things.

Pet Corn Snake
02-24-2007, 01:08 PM
Yea, i would sex him, but i dont know how :/

Tula_Montage
02-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Take him to a reptile vet or someone who has experince probing corns.

tyflier
02-24-2007, 01:16 PM
That looks like an appropriate size meal, to me, George. I don't think Damien will have any trouble digesting it, as long as your temps are correct. Just give him an extra 12-24 hours before handling him, the first couple feedings like this, until his body gets used to digesting the larger food.

Pet Corn Snake
02-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks guys....!! : )

mbdorfer
02-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Prey size looks fine George. Sure would be a lot easier to read your posts if you used the spell check though, it's my favorite button! :cheers:

wisconsin
02-24-2007, 03:15 PM
i believe it is spelled MOUSE

Tula_Montage
02-24-2007, 03:18 PM
I think you will find it's MOOSE! :grin01: :sidestep:

stragen
02-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Who let the moose, loose aboot this hoose?

Pet Corn Snake
02-25-2007, 12:09 AM
Okay okay, so you guys think i should feed him this meal "if all goes well with digestion" every 7 days? or 10 days? i know today he strugled, but he did get it down, and tbh there wasent even a big lump lol, there never is, after a rat pinkie he looks the same lol, but atleast there is a bump now, ive also herd from people, that somtimes it can take upto 20mins for them to eat, damien got this down in about 3! he normally has a rat pinkie down in 30 seconds though!! it kinda looked like it was blocking his air too... but i donno, i donno were they breeth from when there eating.. umm... ?

Jimmyman28
02-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Okay okay, so you guys think i should feed him this meal "if all goes well with digestion" every 7 days? or 10 days? i know today he strugled, but he did get it down, and tbh there wasent even a big lump lol, there never is, after a rat pinkie he looks the same lol, but atleast there is a bump now, ive also herd from people, that somtimes it can take upto 20mins for them to eat, damien got this down in about 3! he normally has a rat pinkie down in 30 seconds though!! it kinda looked like it was blocking his air too... but i donno, i donno were they breeth from when there eating.. umm... ?

Yes, feed it with your regular feeding schedule "if all goes well with digestion" How he took it down in 3 min. is just a better sign that he will be able to take these down. It sounds like he will do good digesting it, so feed him these with your normal feeding schedule with him.

Roy Munson
02-25-2007, 10:29 AM

Mike B. (mbdorfer) is the nicest guy on this forum, and he asked you in a very nice way to use spell check. But you ignored him. If you're asking serious questions that you'd like serious answers to, you really need to make it easy on the people you're asking for help. It's not that tough, George. To do anything less is not very respectful. You say that you want the best for Damien, but there are good people who won't even bother giving you advice if they see lazy communication.

Snakes have a structure in the floor of their mouth called a glottis that leads to the windpipe. It is moveable, so it is kept clear while a snake is swallowing to prevent suffocation. You may have noticed it as a muscular tube with a circular opening on the floor of the mouth.

snakemom1961
02-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Mike B. (mbdorfer) is the nicest guy on this forum, and he asked you in a very nice way to use spell check. But you ignored him. If you're asking serious questions that you'd like serious answers to, you really need to make it easy on the people you're asking for help. It's not that tough, George. To do anything less is not very respectful. You say that you want the best for Damien, but there are good people who won't even bother giving you advice if they see lazy communication.

Snakes have a structure in the floor of their mouth called a glottis that leads to the windpipe. It is moveable, so it is kept clear while a snake is swallowing to prevent suffocation. You may have noticed it as a muscular tube with a circular opening on the floor of the mouth.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Roy Munson again.

Pet Corn Snake
02-25-2007, 12:30 PM
I'm sorry, And I don't want no arguments, but I'm 100% sure he can understand me the way "I spell" Everyone else can.

So.. ill use the spell checker, but only when i feel a word i have wrote is TOTALLY not understandable.

George.

Pet Corn Snake
02-25-2007, 12:34 PM
P,s, Thanks For the Information, and the way i spell, has nothing to do with the way i want to bring up my snake.

Roy Munson
02-25-2007, 12:46 PM
I'm sorry, And I don't want no arguments, but I'm 100% sure he can understand me the way "I spell" Everyone else can. That's not the point, George. I don't know how you read-- maybe you sound out every syallable as you go along. I don't, and I'm not alone. I read in blocks, and when my brain sees a word it doesn't recognize, it stops there. It ruins the flow, and makes reading difficult. Some people are going to stop putting the effort into reading your words that you refuse to exert in writing them.

So.. ill use the spell checker, but only when i feel a word i have wrote is TOTALLY not understandable.Oh, so now you're going to draw lines in the sand and develop an attitude? You're only going to use spell check when you already know your words are "TOTALLY not understandable", eh? You're going to have a real good time here when Nanci is the only one who responds to your posts. You'd better hope that her seemingly endless supply of sympathy doesn't run out...

You can do better, my friend. Why won't you? Maybe you think I'm being mean, but I'm doing you a bigger favor than you may realize.

mbdorfer
02-25-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm sorry, And I don't want no arguments, but I'm 100% sure he can understand me the way "I spell" Everyone else can.

So.. ill use the spell checker, but only when i feel a word i have wrote is TOTALLY not understandable.

George.
You're right, I can understand you but as it really hurts my eyes, I won't be trying anymore.
Good luck with your snake. :wavey:

Pet Corn Snake
02-25-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm Not Developing no attitude, Nor am i drawing lines, I'm Just.. I Donno Really, I suppose i could use the spell checker.

George!

stragen
02-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Why not just hit the spell check before every post you make? It literally takes a couple of seconds and will mean everyone will be able to understand you all the time without having to decipher what you are saying. I am good at spelling and typing, but i still always use the spell check, because there are usually a couple of words that i mis-typed, or flat out got wrong that need correcting.
You know how jokes get old? These "Georgisms" were funny to start with.....not any more, and as Roy has said, people will get tired of it and not help you any more. You seem like a nice guy, but deliberately not correcting your posts is not doing you any favours...

Pet Corn Snake
02-25-2007, 01:10 PM
I guess your right, i'm just - having a Really bad day, and well i can get snappy somtimes : /

snakemom1961
02-25-2007, 02:01 PM
George, Please heed the advice given you. As was stated spell check takes but a couple of seconds to use. PLUS you may find it will help you become a better speller. I'm sure you will find words you thought you had correctly spelled only to find out spell check found them wrong. We aren't trying to bash your spelling, just trying to help you become a member who people will be more willing to help, if your posts are easier to read.

Nanci
02-26-2007, 02:04 PM
I'd much rather be reading "My sanke ate a huge mouce" than "I bought a mouse 4 my snake- will U feed it 2 her?" That drives me INSANE!!! SRSLY!
:-puke01:

Nanci

George- you need to practice correct spelling here, so you don't end up being a cook like you hated so much at your work experience...