• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Which to do first

gigergal

Hi All,

I've got a little dilemma I hope some of you can help me with. After getting one of my corns a new viv (now the two corns are being housed seperately), I noticed they had mites. The first treatment was yesterday and I've been advised to repeat the treatment in 3 days time (then in another 3 days after that - I'm usingMITE-OFF). I decided to leave feeding until Monday (they were due to be fed yesterday but as they'd had the treatment I thought I'd leave it a couple of days). However, if they're due to have another treatment of de-miting, when shall I feed them? Should I do another treatment and then feed them afterwards. Obviously I can't feed them and then do a treatment as I know I'm supposed to leave them alone after they've fed. I know snakes can go a little while without food, so shall I just get this mite treatment out of the way. That would mean not feeding them for another 6 or 7 days. I've had them since Wednesday and they've not been fed. Their last meal was with the breeder I bought them off and he told me they were both fed last Friday.

Sorry this post is a little long-winded. I'm not sure I've explained myself properly. Advice as to what I should do will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

gigergal

BTW, both snakes seem MUCH happier in their own vivs. I'm really glad I took you guys advice....thank you.

How old are the snakes? If they are yearlings or older, they can wait until the mite treatments are finished to be fed. Small hatchlings may need to be fed in between. A good time to feed would probably be immediately after the second treatment, giving 3 days to digest before having to treat again.

Hi Susan,

One is 6 months and the other is 7 months.

A good time to feed would probably be immediately after the second treatment, giving 3 days to digest before having to treat again.

This is what I was thinking, I wanted to be sure though.

Thank you for your help Susan - much appreciated.

gigergal

Back