PDA

View Full Version : ?????????

?????????

kazz
03-08-2007, 07:34 AM
hiya i just wonderd if any would have any idea y my corn snake hansnt eaten 4 5 weeks now??.

hes just not intrested at ll for some reason??

thanx

kazz xox

ssmith_1187
03-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Good morning Kazz!!!

We are going to need a little more information:

How old is your snake?
Was it feeding well prior to not feeding?
What are your cool side/warm side temperatures?
Are you feeding live or F/T?
Have you tried alternate feeding techniques?

I’m sure there are other questions the more experienced folks on this board will have, but this will at least get us started.

Regards,
Steve

kentuckycorns
03-08-2007, 10:48 AM
i may be new to this but site but i had a similar problem with a snake i had several years ago, he would refused food for almost six weeks, i took him to the vet after the first few weeks and they couldnt figure it out, and when another two weeks went by i looked for a second opinion and that vet gave me a series of b12 shots after i finished all the shots he was back to normal and back to never refusing a meal. the vet said that they believed it was some kind of infection that was possibly picked up before i purchased him and that it can take months to flare up like it did. the reason the first vet had problems finding this out was come to find out not specialized in herps. i would say if it goes much longer you may want to make an appointment at the vet. ( a good vet )

bitsy
03-08-2007, 11:09 AM
If he is actually a "he" and over about 18 months old, then it could just be breeding frenzy.

Adult male Corns can go off their food this time of year because they only have one thing on their mind and it doesn't involve eating!

More info as per Steve's post above, would help us offer better advice though.