PDA

View Full Version : Quick question.

Quick question.

Dotty-chan
03-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Okay, I just got back with my new corn and put it in its tank. I put some of the substrate from its old home in, noticed it was kind of smelly, so decided to try and clean out any poops. Well, I think I found them. O_o Little white things. (I've never seen snake poo before, so I dunno if that's good or not.)

Anywho, as I was cleaning the poos out, I found a really nasty pinky. ><; I'm guessing it was regurged. It didn't quite look like a pinky anymore, and looked kind of old..

Should I be concerned about this? o_O I don't know what to make of it. There were a lot of poos, so it must've been eating, and I have no idea how long the pink was in there for, or if its been eating after the regurge. The snake doesn't seem to be skinny or anything.

One more thing. XD The lady at the pet shop said the snake was a few months old, I'm guessing 2-3 months. So we'll say 2 and a half. ;D She said they were feeding it two pinks every week. Should I keep it on that, or cut back to one for a while until it adjusts to its new home? o-o

Thanks for the help, guys~

plasticknives
03-09-2007, 10:04 PM
that does NOT sound good.

I would treat it as a regurge, just in case. Go look at the "feeding problems" board's FAQ right away and follow the instructions for a regurge.

Dotty-chan
03-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Okay, thanks~ Better safe than sorry, right? =p They said they fed it two pinks every Sunday. So I'll wait until Tuesday to feed it, and see what happens. Thanks, again! =D

plasticknives
03-09-2007, 10:38 PM
Okay, thanks~ Better safe than sorry, right? =p They said they fed it two pinks every Sunday. So I'll wait until Tuesday to feed it, and see what happens. Thanks, again! =D

Personally, i would wait until wednesday- ten days from the last feeding. And offer her only one pinky the first time, just to be sure.

from the sounds of it, the petstore wasn't all that hygienic, so i'd take any advice they gave you with a grain of salt, or a whole handful. make sure you read the FAQ and mavbe even do some searches on the topics discussed... :)

Dotty-chan
03-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Wednesday it is! XD Okies, so one pink then~ Yeah, not exactly the cleanest place, but I know they're doing better than the local Petco. Thanks a bundle! ^^ I really appreciate it~

:-offtopic
The kyoot little corn is exploring his/her viv~ x3 It's so adorable! <3 I'm gonna have to take some pics once it gets settled in~