• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Is this an impaction/constipation?

gigergal

Hi folks,

I just need some advice. Socrates (7 months) hasn't gone to the toilet yet. I've had him since the end of February. He's fed ok (f/t) and had a good shed at the beginning of last week. The temps in his viv are 83f (warm end) and 72f (cool end). He doesn't seem too lively in his viv but when I've handled him he's been calm. He's been drinking ok too. I'm a little worried about him not going to the toilet. My other corn is defecating and seems much more lively. I'm using paper kitchen towel substrate so I know I'm not missing any. Any advice appreciated.

Thank you

gigergal

It's possible but not that common. Look under the paper towel too. I've had some go underneath and if they are on pinkies or something small, they don't leave much in way of droppings. If you really think it's impacted or constipated (the back end near the cloaca will look big) then try a luke warm bath to see if it will stimulate it to go. Exercise helps too.

Back