PDA

View Full Version : Refused!!! ZOMG!

Refused!!! ZOMG!

Pet Corn Snake
03-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Well Damien, He ACTUALLY refused food :grin01: and I'm worried because normally he jumps at the chance of a loverly mouse, but today.. he just sat there looking at it, also when handling him yesterday he seemed a bit different, like he wasn't in the mood to be handled, its been 3 month since his January shed, and i don't know if its that or if he's ill, the closest vet for snakes would probably be 100 miles, witch after my mums just had a baby and I'm low on cash would be a big fuss, so i thought i would ask you guys : )

i cant see any cuts or injury's =/

Fenderplayer108
03-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Don't worry about missing one feeding, wait another week and try again.

Roy Munson
03-11-2007, 12:26 PM
He probably has love on his mind, George. Is he a lot more active in his tank than usual? Constant cruising? Fasting, change in attitude, and increased activity are all signs of breeding-season behavior in males of breeding size. I have a number of young males that have never refused in their lives that are refusing now. My male Okeetee has always been a monster feeder, and he hasn't eaten since February 9th. This is despite the fact that he wasn't brumated. But he sure is active. I haven't seen him sit still for over a month! Am I worried about him? Not in the least. :)

Pet Corn Snake
03-11-2007, 12:33 PM
thanks mate, and Roy, its funny you should say that, last night i caught him on his branch, witch is really un-usual he hates it lol, and this morning i found 3 massive piles of Pooh on it so, he has been active around the branch, he just really looks deprest lol, i know i sound stupid, but... its the truth, me and Damien have a really big connection and he really does look eather deprest or love sick lol, maybe in April i should get a female? i donno about all the breeding though, would have to do some work on that lol

snakemom1961
03-11-2007, 02:48 PM
George, I wouldn't worry at all about Damien missing a meal or 2 this time of year. It's probably as Dean said, He's cruisin for chicks!..lol

Also, I wouldn't even think of trying to breed him till you are sure of the commitment needed for such an endevor. You have to remember there's alot more to it then just putting a female and male together. What if the female got eggbound, would you be able to get her to the vet for treatment? I know you want to do what's best for Damien, and I truly do Commend you for your concern for him. Just give him a week, try feeding again. If he refuses, try again the next week. Just try not to stress yourself over it too much kk?

PS. Hows James doing?

Pet Corn Snake
03-11-2007, 02:53 PM
i moved it closer too him and he finally ate it lol, but he still hasent moved, just sat there staring at the side of the viv lol, kinda reminds me of me when i'm a little lovesick :P and James FINALLY just fell asleep lol, hes a little sweetheart :P

Roy Munson
03-11-2007, 03:08 PM
i moved it closer too him and he finally ate it lol, but he still hasent moved, just sat there staring at the side of the viv lol, kinda reminds me of me when i'm a little lovesick :P and James FINALLY just fell asleep lol, hes a little sweetheart :PLOL. Well, maybe he's not in the mood after all. But a lovesick corn will not act like a lovesick George. He won't be gloomily looking out his "window", lacking the energy or will to move. He'd be zooming around the tank non-stop, and he probably wouldn't care about food. And if he found a partner, there'd be no awkward "getting to know each other" period. He'd get right to business. :grin01:

snakemom1961
03-11-2007, 03:14 PM
LOL. Well, maybe he's not in the mood after all. But a lovesick corn will not act like a lovesick George. He won't be gloomily looking out his "window", lacking the energy or will to move. He'd be zooming around the tank non-stop, and he probably wouldn't care about food. And if he found a partner, there'd be no awkward "getting to know each other" period. He'd get right to business. :grin01:

vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Roy Munson again.

:cheers: That was a perfect analogy Dean!

And George I'm glad to hear James is sleeping. You best get all the sleep you can while he is. Cause the next few months are gonna be tough during the middle of the nite feedings for the whole family..lol

Pet Corn Snake
03-11-2007, 03:19 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!! thanks for that roy : P

and snakemom, i have a baby talker in my room incase mum or her bf forget to wake or cant hear him because hes very quiet, although on my talker it makes him sound like a dinosore lol, but i dont mind, i'm the boy who never sleeps : P

snakemom1961
03-11-2007, 03:34 PM
George. It sounds like your going to be THE BEST big brother to James! I think it's wonderful you have a moniter in your room so you can hear if he cries so you can help your mom and her b/f. Sounds like James couldn't be in better hands!

Pet Corn Snake
03-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Awwww!! Thanks that means alot too me : ) i'm really going to try my best to be someone he can talk to about ANYTHING!! : )