• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Egg Production

SLAYER85

How many clutches will a corn lay a year? how many eggs per clutch? what the incubation period? Any local luck with selling your hatchlings?

Depending on tha size and helth of the female most can lay two clutches a year safely. the size depends of the genetics of the female though yound females tend to lay small numbers and large eggs. incubation perod is about 70 days at 82 F.

local pet stores are usually interested. check around before you breed so you know you won't be left with a bunch of extra hatchlings.

Iris said:
local pet stores are usually interested.

Not in my experience. The only one that ever did say it was interested was no longer interested by the time I came in with a few hatchlings that were already feeding.

Serpwidgets..

Well that was rude of them.
The petshops in my neighborhood are willing to take pretty much anything that they can sell as long as you don't come in with like 50 of them.

Currently I have 4 local pet stores that I supply with corns & beardies. I usually have no problem getting rid of hatchlings. The day I have a problem pawning of my hatchlings is the day I cut back on breeding. If you do not have a source to dump your hatchlings before your stuck with them, Then you shouldnt have bred them to start with. Thats MO anyway.

No problem

well even if i couldnt get rid of them. I would raise them myself with joy. I love all herps. And with me and my father being quite the Architect/Construction worker pair we are, im sure i could make a way to facilitate this easily. I got this big open wall in my room. I always had a dream when i was about 10 of having this huget complex against that wall with slide out boxes(plastic slide-in-out kind of things) and having just a massive care center. It would be an experience. But considering local pet stores here sell motleys 110 and dont hold on to them more than a month. I think i will have no problemo getting rid of the youngins. Thanks for all the help though.

Slayer

Back