PDA

View Full Version : Corn not eating

Corn not eating

luvcornwallis
03-17-2007, 10:09 PM
Sorry. I'm new to posting and everything. My son lost his cornsnake about six months ago. My daughter found him outside about a week or so ago. He will not eat. Any suggestions?

Phoeb
03-17-2007, 10:28 PM
I am certainly no expert, but as I have read a number of times recently it might be due to it being mating season this time of year. Or it might be because he is due to shed.

Im sure someone with more experiance than myself will answer with a better reply :)

luvcornwallis
03-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Thank you for responding. Since he was gone so long we are concerned that he will not eat anything we give him. He is our first corn snake and we don't want to lose him if we can help it.

Phoeb
03-17-2007, 10:38 PM
I have also read that if you put him into a small container with a mouse and leave it over night they usually eat it then, if you have done then then try ever few days. I would certainly recommend searching and reading more on this forum, it has helped me understand alot more about my snake.

goodluck.

johnny
03-19-2007, 04:31 AM
i took my 8 month baby blizzard out of brumating last week 5 days go
i tried last nite to feed him he wouldnt eat

can any one help .

thank you

snakemom1961
03-19-2007, 06:49 AM
If he was outside this whole time, he may have brumated. Give him another week then try feeding him again. If he doesn't eat, then you should probably wait till he's shed once since you got him back. Also as was said if it is in fact male this is breeding season and many males go off food because thier main focus right now is looking for "love". Good luck with your guy and hope all turns out well.