PDA

View Full Version : She's looking a little pale...

She's looking a little pale...

ButtersCorns4life
03-18-2007, 01:36 PM
Hello all, I have a Butter Corn snake, but when ever i look at her she looks a lot paler then she did when i bought her. (about 6-8 months ago) I'm just wondering if this is normal for Butters to do this, or if I should go to the vet. If you guys need pics I'll be happy to get them.

ps. She has been eating fine, she is not exposed to anything harmful, and her cage is clean.

Thank you, Butters.

Phoeb
03-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Shes probably about to shed, nothing I think you should worry about.

ButtersCorns4life
03-18-2007, 01:52 PM
I know corns lose some of their color/become dull. But before i went to my Grandpa's house for a week i fed her and cleaned her cage, then went and looked over all my snakes especially her. she was yellowish white, then when i came back today i looked at her, she was really pale, like a.... a... Snow! With Butter patterns! So I'll keep a close eye on her. I hope she is about to shed...

she hasn't in about 2 weeks...

Thank you, Butters

Tracee
03-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Look at her eyes. If they are opaque too, that's a dead giveaway of an impending shed. She should brighten up and return to normal 2-3 days before she begins the shedding process :)

ButtersCorns4life
03-20-2007, 08:53 PM
I looked at her this morning, and she is beginning to get her color back, so now I am positive that she's gonna shed, Thanks for all your help. :rolleyes:

-Butters