PDA

View Full Version : 8 month baby not eating

8 month baby not eating

johnny
03-19-2007, 04:36 AM
i took my blizzard out of brumating has my breeder told me to put him for 3 months. i fed him weeks ago i tried last nite to feed him.
and he wont eat hes kinda lookin slim not like rest of my corns.

can someone help me how to make him eat again

thank you

Green Bean
03-19-2007, 05:21 AM
It's mating season and many male corns go off and not feed for awhile. One member had their corn not feed for 3 months. So he could be not eating because of the season.

If you do a search under "Problem Feeder" you'll come across a post called "the saga continues" it's lengthy, but has tips on how to encourage a problem feeder to eat.

How long has your corn been off it's feeding?

johnny
03-19-2007, 06:59 AM
hes only 8 months old

johnny
03-19-2007, 07:02 AM
hes only 8 months old

3 months he be brumated he eat bout a week go

Nanci
03-19-2007, 07:39 AM
1. Make sure the prey is hot enough- 101-103F
2. Slit the back of the prey
3. Feed in a small container with air holes in a darkened place, possibly even covering the container
4. Leave the snake in the container with the prey for hours, or even overnight

Nanci

Daeraelle
03-19-2007, 09:50 AM
Why brumate a corn that isn't even a year old? Maybe I'm missing something, but my corns all ate through the winter. They're all '06s. :shrugs:

johnny
03-19-2007, 09:52 AM
good point just well my baby wasnt eating the breeder told me brumate him and take him out for 3 months he will start to eat

Daeraelle
03-19-2007, 10:17 AM
If he was a non feeder before, sometimes brumating will help, but obviously it's not a sure thing. It may take you a while to work with him to get him eating again. There are MANY threads on getting problem feeders to eat. Have you tried washing, braining, slitting, scenting, and tease feeding? You say he ate a week ago, but you don't mention if you had to do anything special to get him to eat. If he ate willingly a week ago, and refused now, I'd give him another week and try to feed normally again. Then if he doesn't eat, you can try all the other methods to get him to eat. I wouldn't stress too much, unless his spine is showing, he should be fine with a meal a week ago. Also, don't constantly offer him food, give him at least 5 days between offerings.

johnny
03-19-2007, 04:19 PM
i cant see his spine but he just eat small pinky bout a week ago just left it for him and he died it has he is real thin for 8 month baby blizzard. cant she his spine but i just want him to eat proper again

my other 8 month females all eating fine