PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering....

Just wondering....

Andrew5760
03-19-2007, 10:24 AM
I have a question regarding shedding that threw me off.

Like usual, the scales were very flakey. His color tone was very dull. The bottom of my corns stomach that is normally white with black checkers looked like a sheet of wax paper covered it. His eyes were cloudy...

I knew he was going to shed. After a few days his skin felt smooth. His eyes returned to the normal black color.. Basically he looked as if he had shed. I looked around his viv and i seen no skin. So this really confused me. About two days later, he THEN shed.

What i don't understand is, he went through the cloudy eyes and flakey scales. But with the normal eye color returning and *to what i thought was his new smooth skin* i thought he had shed. Could he just been a little bit late on breaking and removing that old skin ? But than again like i said he no longer felt flakey and felt rather smooth, but not nearly as smooth as he felt after he actually shed. Basically, im really confused about this.

Can someone clear this up to me?

:-offtopic With him actually shedding, my baby normal corn has aquired some pretty orange throughout his body :crazy02:

Thanks.

:wavey:

mbdorfer
03-19-2007, 12:39 PM
It's perfectly normal. They usually shed within 2 days of the eyes clearing up.

Yvonne112
03-19-2007, 12:56 PM
after going through their blue, they'll return back to normal for a couple of days, and then shed. Usually when they return back to that normal look, it's a good idea to keep some moisture in the viv for them, either by misting it, or by putting in a moist hide. It helps them alot with their shed.