PDA

View Full Version : how often to shed?

how often to shed?

dublincailin
03-21-2007, 03:40 PM
Hi this is my first post here but I have been visiting this forum for months. :wavey: I got two babies born last August, one girl and one boy. Both are housed separately but are in the exact same position in a warm room. Their cages are identical as regards contents, temperature, etc. Now they have shed almost monthly since I got them last October, usually within a day or two of each other. In December the female shed and shed again in February but the male hasn't shed since December. He seems fine, no tell tail signs of being ready to shed and eats really well!! Is this to worry about or is it normal to have such variation? :shrugs: Any ideas welcome. Thanks

Susan
03-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Every once in awhile you get a long period between sheds. I've had it happen a more than a few times. At first I simply thought I didn't see the shed (it was hidden in substrate and got thrown out), or I forgot to write it down. But it's happened too many times for that to be the case. The male may catch up and shed twice in one month. I've had that happen as well.

reptileman34
03-23-2007, 12:16 PM
my corn sheds about every 45-50 days

dublincailin
03-24-2007, 01:14 PM
thanks so much for your helpful replies. Would you believe he had a complete shed last night. Relieved he is fine and I won't be worrying so much next time :cool:

Cuddles
05-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Anyone know why this happens? Corns are still growing without shedding correct? My snake was shedding monthly until now, its only been about a month and half though.