PDA

View Full Version : Respiratory Infection?

Respiratory Infection?

Itsnowingcorns
03-23-2007, 01:34 PM
Hello all, I know I haven't been on for a long time.. but I guess no news is good news right?

Anyway I have noticed recently that I am able to hear my snow's breathing. It's just sort of a puff when he exhales, but there is no mucus or gaping of the mouth. I am concerned and unsure of whether I should take him to a vet, he has recently been moved to a new vivarium but I don't think humidity or heat has really been affected.

He was a bit panicky when I heard it, is it able to hear it if they are upset and breathing heavily?

Thanks for any replies in advance and i'tll be nice hearing from you all again. :)

Itsnowingcorns
03-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Some help please?

Okeetee_Corn_Snakes
03-26-2007, 04:17 PM
First of all welcome back :wavey:

How old is your corn and how Long have you had him for? What are the temps and humidity sitting at right now and when did he last shed? What substrate are you using?

I have a little anery that had the same symptoms like the heavy breathing, but she also had parted lips. No mucus though. I was really worried for her so I upped her temps a bit and called the vet. They told me to bring her in as soon as it got worse. Well...she went into blue and a few days later she shed and had no signs of RI anymore. She was like that for the following three sheds but doesn't do it anymore. It was my guess along with a few others, since her temps and humidity were normal, that is was just symptoms of pre shed syndrome. I hear a lot of the boids get it. I also have a ratsnake that makes similar noises and whistling when he is on bark of any sorts. I use aspen or newspaper for all of my snakes.

Continue to keep and eye on him and see what other people in this forum have to say. Most are far more experienced that I am Lol. Goodluck!