PDA

View Full Version : Too many poos????

Too many poos????

hartsock
03-28-2007, 03:01 PM
I tried searching this but I am not sure if I am looking for the right subjects. I have a snow corn that seems to be pooing quite a bit. He has gone about 4 times since last feeding, the first one being a little watery, but he had drank a bunch of water right after eating. Then, the next few days, he would have a loose one, just a little, each night. except for two nights ago. He is acting fine, alert, moving around like normal, non agressive, -- temps humidity, cage, all normal and in the areas they are to be, this just started hapenning. Don't know for sure what is happening, or what I need to do. I did just switch from tap water to bottle water so it didn't have all the addictives, could the change to bottled water being the problem, just needs time to adjust? I wouldn't think so, but want to be sure he is alright. if they end up with diaherria, is there anything you can do or is it one of those things that are immediate vet calls?

DeadMouse
03-28-2007, 04:42 PM
I think the amount of stools can be indicative of the size of the food item(s).

My baby snakes will usually have 1 to 2 stools after eating an appropriately sized pinky. But I have a Mexican Kingsnake that is in hopper range that I've been getting away with feeding small adult mice. She has no problem eating them, but they are a little on the large size for her. She then in turns usually has 3-4 stools over the course of a weeks time.

I don't think changing your water supply from tap to bottled should cause any changes to your snake unless you were using a bottled water that has additives in it. Not all bottled water is the same and some tastes worse than that which I get from the tap :shrugs: But I would think that any type of reverse osmosis or distilled water should be fine.

If your snake continues to have runny stools over a period of time, you might want to do a search on google if someone here can't enlighten you :)

DeadMouse
03-28-2007, 04:47 PM
He has gone about 4 times since last feeding, the first one being a little watery
I forgot to add...
Remember, a snakes stool is pretty much like a birds stool. It contains both feces (the dark) and urine/urates (the white). So it should tend to be liquidy in nature, not too watery like I think you were aiming at, but pretty much the same consistency of what you'd expect a bird stool to be like.

hartsock
03-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Yeah, I know what is looks like that is why I was a little concerned with the way the last few have been coming out. they are more watery, but it seems like this has increased in the last week or so. He is on fuzzies right now and is due to eat tonight, so I hope it all goes well. Like I said, he seems happy and fine, so I'm not sure if there is a problem or not.

DeadMouse
03-28-2007, 06:50 PM
You might want to check his cloacal vent for any crustiness or discoloration. I lost a snake many years ago due to some type of viral infection which caused chronic constipation and eventually death. Prior to death, I noticed a lot of what seemed to be urate build-up around the cloaca. Also, check to see if there's any discoloration or lumpiness of the ventrals. While it's probably nothing in your case, it sure doesn't help to look. :)