PDA

View Full Version : Panic or Not?

Panic or Not?

Colleen
02-09-2003, 02:51 AM
HI all, I'm getting alittle worried about my male Anery. He hasn't eaten for me in 3 weeks and the feeding before that he only ate 2 lg mice(usually eats lg rat). He is almost 5 ft and he doesn't look like he has dropped wieght. He is breeding with my snow and I figured it was because of that. I moved his cage away from hers 2 days before I fed this time but he didn't even notice the food. I tried a rat first then mice and then I let both in with him for hours....NOTHING! How soon should I worry? I don't want to loose him.

THanks all

Colleen

Brig
02-09-2003, 08:26 AM
I wish I knew the answer to that too!

My normal male is refusing - well completely ignoring - all food and is prowling looking for a mate!

He will get a mate soon, but she's in shed at the moment and feeling sorry for herself!

I don't know how long this non-feeding can carry on before I should start to panic, so if anyone has any explanations, I'd be as pleased to hear as Colleen,

Cheers,
Brig.

RyanRizzo
02-09-2003, 09:43 AM
I have a yearling that hasnt eaten for 3 weeks now eaither buts its no big deal its just that they know its almost breeding season and they can snece the females;) but a 5 foot snake could probaly go for a good month and a half without eating if a yearling can go for a month

carol
02-09-2003, 12:25 PM
That is very typical of males during breeding season. They can smell that female from anywhere in the house. Some of my males never go off food and some only eat about every 4-5 weeks during breeding season. I have never had them lose much weight over it. Actually this year, they didn't even loose weight in brumation, so I am hoping the breeding season will take some weight of.

Rich Z
02-09-2003, 01:11 PM
Heck, it's no big deal for males to go off feed during breeding season. Matter of fact, I normally only feed the males every other week anyway, and some won't eat even then. They'll get their appetites back once the pheromone level drops down.

snakemanone
02-09-2003, 01:23 PM
adult males have only one thing on their minds.

SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX and then more sex,food comes a very distant second..................

.....STEVE

Colleen
02-10-2003, 01:40 AM
reassuring me! I thought he was probably ok but since this is the first year we have dealt with the breeding season I just wanted to be sure.

;) Males......oh the power we have over them! hehe That reminds me I need to ask my hubby to build me another rack!

Colleen:D