PDA

View Full Version : feeding questions....

feeding questions....

samjhudson
04-01-2007, 08:01 AM
hey people

Just a couple of feeding questions

1)at what weight should I start doubling up on pinkies?

2)how do i go about doing this? how long do I need to wait between feeding the first and second pinkie?

thanks in advance!

Sam

Susan
04-01-2007, 10:24 AM
It all really depends upon the size of your snake and the size of the pinkies. When one prey item doesn't leave a nice bulge in the snake, then you need to increase the size of the meal by either giving 2 smaller or 1 larger prey item. When I've given multiple prey, I simply put everything in with the snake at the same time. When the snake is ready to eat the next mouse, it does.

suecornish
04-10-2007, 08:15 PM
I am up to feeding Gaia three pinkies each Sunday. They don't leave a big bulge in her so I am wondering if I should go up in size. I got my snake food from RodentPro. I had ordered pinkies, lg mice, day old chicks and quails. Smokey and Konig eat the lg mice, chicks and quails. The smallest size bag was 100 pinkies and even at 3 a week I have enough for another 3-4 months.

RodentPro has peach fuzzies and fuzzies, and then hoppers. Would I just automatically move up to peach fuzzies or just to fuzzies? Like I said the 3 pinkies do not leave a big bulge, you can tell she ate but it is not as big as the other snakes get with their food. Or should I go up to 4 until the pinkies are gone and then start her on fuzzies? Or alternate her feedings between pinkies and peach fuzzies? :shrugs:

Boy, this is like a Chinese food menu - One from column A, two from column B-- :crazy02:

sue.

Relentless
04-10-2007, 08:50 PM
I would move her up too a small fuzzy and she how she does. Then move on from there depending on how she does with the fuzzie