PDA

View Full Version : Latest Herp Results...

Latest Herp Results...

Pruddock
04-03-2007, 01:29 AM
Well a friend and I went out tonight for about 2 hours and came across 3 snakes, tons of skinks, and one toad. I don't have the pictures developed yet because I didn't finish off the roll of film, but I will post them asap...

We found a 2' Texas Coral Snake that was beautiful and musked the crap out of me while I was tailing him and gettin him out for a couple quick shots. The second snake was DOR and it was about a 2' Southern Copperhead that had its head run over :cry: I'm pretty sure somebody swerved to hit him because he was right next to the shoulder...the nerve and ignorance of some people. And the last snake was unidentified and was a road find. We went back and tried to get it but it was very eager to bite, there was no light, and I didn't feel like being bitten by a snake I didn't know was venomous or not. So...we have pictures of the Texas Coral (and it is a beauty) and a quick pic of the toad that I'll be posting ASAP. Have fun herping everyone :cheers:

SkyChimp
04-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Coral Snake...... :bowdown: Too cool.

Silt
04-03-2007, 09:15 PM
*waits for the pictures*

I can't wait to see that Coral snake! Can you find them further south than College Station, such as by south of Houston along the coast?

Thanks,
Lisa

Pruddock
04-04-2007, 03:03 PM
Hey guys I went out road hunting for about 45 minutes and found a couple more to add to the list. One was a little ribbon snake that looked injured, so I'm not sure if it was going to make it or not, and the other live snake I found was a pretty, angry little copperhead that didn't wanna have his picture taken but I tried to get a few (and burn a little more off the roll of film so I can develop the pics of the coral for ya'll) and direct the little guy off the road without gettin bit. So I should have a few more pics for ya'll hopefully this weekend. Only 5 pics left on the roll of film and I'm plannin on goin back out soon enough :cheers:

Pruddock
04-07-2007, 12:06 AM
Hey guys hang in there...I turned in the rolls of film tonight and can pick them up tomorrow morning at 10 AM so I'll have them posted before noon! Hope ya'll are as excited as I am to see the results :cheers:

Pruddock
04-07-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey guys finally got the pics so enjoy. They aren't the best because of the lighting conditions and the lack of cooperation of the snakes. The copperhead was taken at night so I was shooting blind so they aren't the best bet hey, they're pics and its a snake. Enjoy...

Pruddock
04-07-2007, 02:08 PM
More pics...

Pruddock
04-07-2007, 02:11 PM
And the copperhead...

loise
04-07-2007, 02:54 PM
way cool!! :cheers:

SkyChimp
04-07-2007, 08:39 PM
TOOOO COOOOL. Great photos.

Chase13
04-08-2007, 09:44 AM
Your gonna get your self killed bro. How's the hook working for ya? Too short? Well good pics BTW. You should have seen the look on moms face when she saw you holding that coral. Stay safe bro and i'll see you this summer.

Nanyque
04-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Very awesome. Gotta say I'm quite jealous. I live in central wisconsin, we have snakes, lots of them really... but... it's definitely not easy to find anything unusual or spectacular just taking a walk. Very nice.

Nanci
04-16-2007, 07:31 AM
Nice Coral! I wonder if it's a female, because of all the black tipping. I don't think I've seen one quite so dark.

Nanci