PDA

View Full Version : Big BIG Brown Water Snake

Big BIG Brown Water Snake

SkyChimp
04-03-2007, 08:56 PM
I went fishing today. I was casting around an old bald cypress tree with branches about 4 feet off the surface of the water. As I brushed past a branch, I looked and saw a 4-4.5 foot Brown Water Snake basking on the branch not 2-3 feet from my shoulder. I have to say, I nearly jumped off my boat. This snake as big. I went around the tree for another pass. The snake just laid there and I was able to get right up next to it. I reached out with my hand just above its neck. For the first time in a long time, a snake actually scared me. This guy looked bent on giving me the bite of mylife. I hesitated just long enough for it to dive headlong into the water. I lost sight of it for about 5 minutes when I saw it again swimming to the next tree. It started to climb up the base. By the time I got my camera out, it had gotten into a hole in the hollow base of another tree.

You are going to have to trust me on this one, there's a snake inside that tree. I'll have my camera ready tomorrow.

nitetygress
04-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Maybe if I stare at the tree hard enough I can see it with my x-ray vision... :bang: