PDA

View Full Version : Maybe It's Just Wishful Thinking

Maybe It's Just Wishful Thinking

onelifetolive45
04-04-2007, 11:23 PM
I recently received a lavender bloodred that was severely kinked. She had multiple kinks from about 3 inches down from her head all the way through. When I first got her the upper 3 inches would crawl normal then due to the kinks her lower half would sort of flop over. However today upon taking her out she was crawling almost like a normal snake. My question was is it possible for kinks to "work themselves out"? I have never had experience with kinked snakes and everyone I know that hatches them out ususally freezes them.

Susan
04-05-2007, 06:53 AM
I don't think kinks can disappear. I have a feeling that the improvement you're seeing in it's movements are only due to a decreased stress level or something similar. You'll probably notice the severe difficulty in moving again. I've kept a few snakes that had only minor kinks and given them to friends. The kinks became virtually undetectable as the snakes became adults, but they are still there. Those as severely kinked as yours seems to be have always been euthanized. I'm not too crazy about a breeder that would keep one like that, no matter the morph. I sure hope you didn't pay anything for it and don't plan on breeding it...should it survive.

onelifetolive45
04-05-2007, 11:11 AM
No I didnt pay anything for it, and I dont plan on breeding her. I dont know I have never had to euthanize one of my own before. I had a sunglow motley thta was real skinny and she dided on her own. I dont want to freeze her if thats what it comes down to(because of the recent thread on that). How should I go about it?

onelifetolive45
04-07-2007, 12:23 AM
Sadly my little Kinkle was euthanzied today. I assume it was for the best, I can only hope so. Goodbye little Kinkle :cry: