PDA

View Full Version : Clicking corn

Clicking corn

Intravenous
04-06-2007, 01:46 PM
I have a pair of 6 month old corn snakes. Two days ago my male one was making clicking noises and I worried incase he had an RI (he wasn't showing any other symptoms though...his mouth and nose were dry, there was no wheezing and his tongue was still flicking), I then read that they can click before shedding. Sure enough he shed yesterday and is no longer clicking.

My female corn started clicking yesterday though and as far as I'm aware she isn't due a shed (she is also showing no other RI symptoms). She did however do a massive runny poo right before I put her away and I read that they can click when they're trying to squeeze a hard one out (for lack of better terms ).

Do you think this is all that the clicking is? And is there any other reason they might click?

Intravenous
04-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Someone :cry: ? She's still clicking.

Intravenous
04-08-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't know if I put my thread in the correct section:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49339

but nobody replied so it might be better in here :( . Can anyone help? She's been clicking for three days now but her condition is stable...she doesn't ahve any other symptoms.

Roy Munson
04-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Most of the clicking by my snakes has been during the shed phase, and it cleared up afterward. But as you know, it can also be a sign of R.I.. It can also happen when there's some shed skin left in their nostril(s).

Roy Munson
04-08-2007, 03:55 PM
I don't know if I put my thread in the correct section:

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49339

but nobody replied so it might be better in here :( . Can anyone help? She's been clicking for three days now but her condition is stable...she doesn't ahve any other symptoms.

I merged your old thread with this one. I agree that this section is a better choice for the topic. :)

Intravenous
04-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Most of the clicking by my snakes has been during the shed phase, and it cleared up afterward. But as you know, it can also be a sign of R.I.. It can also happen when there's some shed skin left in their nostril(s).

How long does it tend to go on for before a shed? Its her feeding day tonight so I'll see if shes still eating ok.

As I said...her condition hasn't got any worse, so unless she gets worse, I might wait until Wednesday to think about taking her to the vet.

Roy Munson
04-08-2007, 04:24 PM
How long does it tend to go on for before a shed? Its her feeding day tonight so I'll see if shes still eating ok.

As I said...her condition hasn't got any worse, so unless she gets worse, I might wait until Wednesday to think about taking her to the vet.
I've had it happen from even before the snake went dull/blue/opaque until the shed. As long as the condition doesn't get worse, I'd wait until her next shed before I got worried. If she's still clicking after her next shed, you may want to raise her temps for a couple of weeks and keep her humidity low. This can sometimes remedy a mild R.I.. But I'm guessing that your snake doesn't have an R.I.. :)

Intravenous
04-08-2007, 04:29 PM
Thank you for the advice :). I've been over paranoid as these are my first corns and I've only had them a few weeks.

Intravenous
04-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Update: she's still clicking, that makes it a whole week since she started.

In this time she has also taken two pinkies and pooped though so everything seems to be working ok :shrugs: . Her condition is still the same and she is still showing no other symptoms.

Roy Munson
04-10-2007, 07:18 PM
If she hasn't shed and stopped clicking within one week, update this thread or PM me.

Emanon
04-10-2007, 10:34 PM
Is it one of them african clicking corns?

Just kidding, I know you are concerned... just trying to lighten the atmosphere...

Emanon
04-11-2007, 12:05 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Roy Munson again.

I guess we do :cheers:

toyah
04-11-2007, 01:27 PM
I know you mentioned you were having problems keeping the temperatures up - what temperatures are they at? Is there a lot of variation during the day and night?

Intravenous
04-11-2007, 07:38 PM
I know you mentioned you were having problems keeping the temperatures up - what temperatures are they at? Is there a lot of variation during the day and night?

I managed to get the temperatures stable not long after they arrived. The hot end is now around 28 to 30 all the time. The girl seems to prefer the cold end though :uhoh:.