PDA

View Full Version : Weezing?

Weezing?

a_magg88
04-12-2007, 05:31 PM
My corn snake has recently been breathing with a weez. The sound is like a weez obviously then right after the weez there is a crack. She just shed like today as of April 12 is it upper respritory or a cold what?

Jcapicy
04-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Does she has skin in her throat?
or any mucus or foamy bubbles around her mouth?

a_magg88
04-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Well She did bubble around the mouth one time when she was breathing from her mouth.

Jcapicy
04-13-2007, 10:13 AM
I'd take her to a vet, could be an infection. Don't risk it. Might be some more people on here with more experience than I who can give better info, but I would deffinately see a vet.

Best of luck.

dawnrenee2000
04-13-2007, 11:01 AM
Open up her mouth and look inside..do you see mucus or red irritated areas ?

When her mouth is closed do you sometimes see bubbles of saliva coming out the side of it?

Can you hear her breathing or clicking regularly?

Is she opening her mouth to breath?

Is her energy lower?

Has she denied food or regurgitated recently?

If the answer to at least two of these is yes, then you need to take her in for bloodwork to see if she has an RI. An RI is often a result of other problems and the vet could help you work through this.

How long have you had her? How do you feel she could have gotten an RI ? In order to get an infection , the immune system must be compromised by improper temps, stress, or bacteria being too heavy in the cage.

Jcapicy
04-13-2007, 12:10 PM
This is a lot better than how i tried to help.

might be worth while to completely clean the enclosure with a bleach solution and make sure there are no hazardous materials in the cage or in the air that could be harmful to you snake.