PDA

View Full Version : Snake Swimming...?!?!?

Snake Swimming...?!?!?

::..Benuk..::
02-17-2003, 03:31 PM
<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">alert("can you give snakes a bath or do they enjoy them?") </SCRIPT><font color=2700fd>
<b>
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><h3> I was just wondering what your opinions would be on giving your snake a bath, now ive been doing this for almost a year, every month or so i fill the bath with about 1 or 2 inchs of luke warm water and place large <font color=ef0000>stones in it aswell, they both seem to swim around really calmly and don't feel threatened or <font color=ef000>scared in anyway, is this ok for the snakes? i think most snakes are naturally exellent swimmers <font color=2700fd>and fast ones at that as there made up of almost complete muscle, if what im doing is wrong at all please please tell me.</b>

Iris
02-17-2003, 04:12 PM
wow that pop up is really annoying...no offense
anyway, I think it's fine to give them a bath once in a while. Lots of people do it to help stimulate them into pooping, to help with sheds, or to give them exercise.

poccodiablo
02-17-2003, 07:51 PM
Wow I just posted the same question on the Husbandry section. I was wondering about bathing the little guys to help them out with shed time? ::..Benuk..:: how did you introduce your corns to water? Is it a gradual thing? Do they try climbing out or do they just boot around the tub?

Thanks in Advance
Jeff Robertson :D

::..Benuk..::
02-18-2003, 05:17 AM
the first time i introduced the snakes to swimming they
did go straight for the walls and try and climb out but what ive found is that if you hold around the head part or the upper part of the snake and guide it around with slow movements the snake should gradually come off your hand and get use to the water its self. this also does help with shedding if they are having problems but so that they hardly ever have problems i have just placed some really rough stone in their like granit or brick, the snakes should love all the different textures and it would be exellent for shedding:)

note: try placing some rocks or suitable things for them to rest on
or something that they feel safe on in the bath.

i wouldnt have more than 2 inchs of luke warm water
unless its a fully grown snake.

hope this helps:)