PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Intro

Danny C
02-18-2003, 04:38 AM
Ive just got an amelistic corn and have put her in with my normal this hasnt been a problem so far. They are both similar in size, is there anything i should think about or any advise that might be useful, or that would stop any aggression i might come across

Clutch Master
02-23-2003, 10:02 AM
I would be worried about canniblism. After feeding, snakes tend to smell like the mouse they just ate. If the other snake is still hungry, well, you get the point. Just be careful.

Iris
02-24-2003, 03:02 PM
yes cannibalism, although rare in corns, is a possibility
or one snake can sort of bully the other and stress each other out
do you know their sexes? If they are both female, that usually has a better chance of working out with fewer problems.
young male-female housing situations can be dangerous to the female if they mate when she is too small to safely become gravid (pregnant).
Most people generally agree that separate enclosures are best. So if you can, get another rubbermaid or sterilite or tank or whatever and house them seperately. IMO

Simon
02-24-2003, 03:12 PM
well the only two things that I would really concern is
1) stress....you might not notice it until it's already too late.....one might be really stressed out already and starting to grow slower and eat less than the other one...

2) Cannibalism. As mentioned before....one just might eat the other one

my advice....separate them......
some might think that keeping them together is fine. But that is totally up to the owner......my advice is to keep them separate...

Danny C
02-26-2003, 05:47 AM
Cheers people