PDA

View Full Version : Update on lump in corn's belly...

Update on lump in corn's belly...

13mur 6
02-19-2003, 03:03 AM
Hey everyone,

Well, the bacteria culture still hasn't come back (no word from the vet yet). My snake now weighs a fair 68 grams (compared to 66 from last week), and is continuing to gain weight (seems like 2-3 grams every week). I bought a new humidifier over a week and a half ago, and keeping the room humidity around 40% is keeping her skin super shiny. Also, she seems to be a bit more muscular, her belly is more squared and she seems to cling to my arm more.

Today as I was handling her, she crawled into my T-shirt pocket and took a nice dump in there. Though I was a bit mad about the shirt being ruined it made me happy to see there were no more undigested mouse parts in her poo. She had a semi-normal looking brown (slightly lighter brown though) poo along with a normal amount of urates that also looked normal. And, the smell! There was none! Or maybe my nose was clogged, but I couldn't really smell the poo (her last poo reeked of regurge). This was also a little over 24 hours of being fed a good sized pinkie (the lump of her meal seemed to be gone this morning and I fed her last night, and she poops tonight too, when she usually poos 2-3 days after eating). Seems her metabolism sped up.

However, she still has a decent sized lump in her belly that shows only 3 days after feeding and dissappears whenever I palpate her, handle her, disturb her, or feed her. She looks like she swallowed a qual egg (compared to swallowing a large hopper mouse). So the lump has grown smaller.

Also, does anyone know any other methods for testing for disease/parasites other than fecal float/smear and bacteria culture? Something doable with little harm potential to the snake (blood tests are out, so are stomach washes). Would like to do an x-ray but do to the volatile nature of the lump, it's hard to get a good pic.

Also, can anyone recommend a good digital camera in the easily affordable price range? <$300, preferrably ~$150.

I think I should get the bacteria culture results in by tomorrow, will post results once I get em.

-13mur 6

redarm
02-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Take a look at my 2 posts in tha pic gallery. They were taken with an Olympus 510-D. About $250.

redarm:)