PDA

View Full Version : Strange spot on head

Strange spot on head

Brad Jr.
03-20-2002, 10:58 PM
I've had my baby corn since January and she's about 7-8 months old. After her last shedding I noticed a little brownish-blackish speck on her head. I tried to rub it off more than once but it won't go away. It's on the middle of her head just behind her eyes. I'm just curious if anybody might have an idea what this is. The spot is about the size of a small spec of pepper and there are no similar markings on her body. I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks,
Brad

Warren
03-21-2002, 02:32 AM
:)

Have you recently changed to newspaper in your cage? Sometimes, when the snake is moving around and pushing the newspaper around the ink from the newspaper will get on his/her head. It's nothing to worry about as it should disappear with the next shed.

L8r,
wc

Kris Shepard
03-22-2002, 10:25 AM
Some corns gets mites they are hard to get off does she have specks snywhere else? What phase of corn is she? If it is mites you can soak her in dishsoap water.

CornsnakeKeeper
03-22-2002, 03:36 PM
When there are mites, you will notice them in the water bowls and they will sometimes rub off on your hands when you handle it. It doesn't sound like mites to me. Warren's idea sounds more on key. I'd say that you should just keep an eye on it. It sound come off with the next shed. Are you sure that it's not a marking on the snake? Part of its pattern? It may be and It's just visible due to the recent shed. That's quite possible. Good luck!