PDA

View Full Version : 2 small red dots on his tail :(

2 small red dots on his tail :(

LittleJohn
04-26-2007, 08:12 PM
Hey everyone,
Been a while since I posted as work has been crazy.But i need help.
I have my snake about 8 months and hes been doing great except recently
I noticed 2 small red dots on his tail.I cant really tell if there is extra skin from none shedding maybe but I don't like the looks of the 2 red dots.
I just put him in a plastic container with a damp cloth in case it is non-shedded skin.
Thanks in advance for your help

LittleJohn
04-26-2007, 08:33 PM
ok here is a pic.My wife tried to keep him still but it wasnt easy.
Just 2 really tiny red dots and the end of his tail.

SkyChimp
04-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Just two red dots? Can you be a bit more specific? Do they have texture (ie are they raised)? Do they look like scabs or sores? Can you post a picture?

SkyChimp
04-26-2007, 08:36 PM
We posted at the same time.

That doesn't look like anything serious. That's an albino, so it simply may be a little red coloration, or something internal that is visible through the skin.

suecornish
04-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Smokey is an 8 yo Snow and the tip of his tail is red. Not deep red but when he sticks his tail up to poo and the light passes thru the tip it shows up as red. I just thought it was normal; blood flow or something.

antsterr
04-28-2007, 11:35 PM
It's hard to tell but it does look like he had a bad shed on his tail. It kind of looks yellow.
Often younger snakes will shed and the little bit on the end of their tail will stay on. If it does it will dry and squeeze the end until it falls off. To solve this soak them in a bath for about ten minutes then hold a damp paper towel around them and let them crawl though it as you squeeze. The friction and moisture will slip the little bit of bad skin off the end of it's tail. If it's already bleeding it might loose the end of it's tail. Don't worry, it will heal quickly by if it does stay on expect this to happen over and over again. Once they get a deformed end on their tail it seems to cause it to happen again until they get bigger.