PDA

View Full Version : you told me it was a corn snake...but what kind?

you told me it was a corn snake...but what kind?

darkmorning1
04-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Remember i my first post about 2 weeks ago. how i found a wild snake :sidestep: and i was so scared of it. And that night i found this site (cornsnakes.com) and nearly now 32 people helped me out telling me it was a corn snake. First off i would like to thank everyone for letting me know it was a corn snake. if it wasn't for you my little buddy wouldn't have been taken back to where i found it. And i thank you so much. for the past 2 days a few people have been talking about what kind my corn was on my old post. well here are some new pics.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t16/darkmorning1/DSC07450.jpg?t=1177640156

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t16/darkmorning1/DSC07436.jpg?t=1177640201

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t16/darkmorning1/DSC07438.jpg?t=1177640182

In later news: That corn snake is no longer called a it. Peek-a-boo is a 16 inch long female corn snake.and healthy. super sweet and I'm in love with her. but my vet really wasn't sure what kind it was. she said it was either of the 3 > Okeetee ,Classic corn snake,normal corn. she basically said that they all look really the same/are and she didn't know much about corn snake colors too much. maybe you can tell me.

Nanci
04-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Wow, you already know she's a girl! Normal and Classic mean the same thing. It's the wild-type pattern. That's what Peek is. Okeetees come (originally, if not captive bred) from a place in South Carolina, and are identified by their very wide black borders around their saddles. Do a search for "Raven" and you will see what I mean.

Nanci

darkmorning1
04-26-2007, 11:01 PM
ok thank you

kathylove
04-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Are you from Venus or Pompano Bch? If you live in Venus, it is not that far from Ft. Myers. Next Thur our herp society will meet and feature a speaker who lives in the Venus area, I believe. It is Greg Graziani, speaking about ball pythons. Email me for info if you want to attend.

darkmorning1
04-27-2007, 01:25 AM
i have 2 houses one in venus the other in lighthouse point. but i will not be at my house in venus for this or next week, but thank you for telling me. i saw your site (its really cool btw)and your not to far away from my house in venus either.

kathylove
04-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Too bad! But our meetings are the first Thur of every month, in case you want to attend in the future. Take a look at the herp society website and bookmark it if you think you are interested. Of course, anyone else reading this who is close enough to attend is also invited. All the info you need is here:
www.calusaherp.org

Hope to see you there one day!

darkmorning1
04-27-2007, 10:32 AM
thank you so much looks really cool! i hope i can get to go soon to one of the Meetings later on. thanks for the link

CrazyCorn
04-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Nice looking normal/wild type, congrats on the find.

kentuckycorns
04-27-2007, 01:46 PM
thats a very nice normal corn, congratulations. as she gets older the burnt orange color will spread over her body replacing the gray. hope everything works out with her! :)