PDA

View Full Version : sneezing-for a long time

sneezing-for a long time

jp575
05-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Hello,

I have a 7 year old female corn snake-Bought at 2 years of age. Everything has been fine with my snake (eating well, active ect) except the occasional sneeze or slight pop sound when breathing in. This has actually been happening for around 2 years. The cage temp does not drop below 80 usually, and has been around 85-90 for the past month or so. There is no open mouth breathing or bubbling--only the sound.
What do you think is wrong and what do you suggest I do?

-thanks

Isak
05-02-2007, 06:56 AM
Try to lower the humidity if possible, and make sure the cage substrate you're using does not dust. I currently have a snake with RI, and he's now living in a sterile cage with high temps (28-34 C) and low humidity. I've even removed the water bowl to eliminate sources of humidity, and I let him drink every day by giving him water in a bowl and remove it when he's done. I'm also visiting the vet today, just to be on the safe side.

bitsy
05-02-2007, 12:46 PM
What sort of substrate are you using? Some people have found aspen to be dusty now and again (might be down to a particular supplier or source).

If you're not already doing so, I suggest keeping her on plain newspaper for a couple of months to see if things improve.

Ruderacer
05-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Both our corns had a sneezing problem for a while. We found out it was the substrate. We were using Bed.A.Beast which I think is coconut based. It had to much dust in it which gets in there nostrils. Switched to aspen, no problems now.