PDA

View Full Version : More info on my snake w/bulge not eating

More info on my snake w/bulge not eating

audrey ellen
05-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Maybe this extra information will make more sense of what is going on with my snake. Perhaps someone knows of another case that is similiar.
The snake is male, 7 yrs old, has always been alone in the case. The "tumor/bulge" is about 6 inches from his head, about 1/4 down of the length of him. It is about the size of a marshmallow and feels hard to the touch and does not move when manipulated. It was not present 1 month ago, and he has not eaten for 2 months. During the 9 months he was being babysat he was not handled at all.
Now that I have him back, I have been holding him trying to decide the best course to take. He is still lively, seems OK, but does have some small brownish scab-like discolorations around his nose. It's not mites. Except for the lump and the scabs, he looks healthy and has not lost any weight.
I have gotten the name of a vet in NJ.
Thanks to all who have contacted me, I welcome any and all ideas.

Nanci
05-08-2007, 05:48 AM
The nose deal could be him getting ready to shed. When I got Jake, he looked like this, and I was like, what the heck is wrong with his nose? He shed the next day, and now is perfect.

Good luck at the vet.

Nanci