PDA

View Full Version : Adult female won't shallow food...

Adult female won't shallow food...

Noe..gr
05-13-2007, 08:16 PM
I'll try to explain it as clear as possible..

My '03 female hypo denied food all April.I thought that was ok because she was actually ready to breed.But I wanted to skip this years breeding.

Although she hadn't a mouse for a month her weight is excellent and also her muscle tone.She looks completely healthy.So far so good.

I was trying to feed her f/t but refused everytime and then decided to give her live.She took it!Well not really!She grabbed it,constricted it,put it in her mouth and then nothing! :eek1: She acted like she changed her mind and spit it out.Tried again 2 or 3 times to swallow it but didn't.At the end she left it.
First time it was an adult mouse.I tried also weanlings,hoppers...same behaviour every time.
The only things she took was 4 fuzzies at once! :shrugs:
All feeding trials were made with a 5 days "calm period" between.

I examined her mouth and it's clear.She's fairly active and looking good,but I can't understand if something is wrong..

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! :)

Tula_Montage
05-13-2007, 08:19 PM
Retained sperm from any previous breeding's? She could maybe be gravid.

OR she could be producing eggs anyway without them being fertalized.

Noe..gr
05-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Nop!No eggs inside.I tried to feel something like I did last year when she had a clutch but no signs of eggs in her belly.

Noe..gr
05-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Something seems to bother her to take larger than fuzzies down her throat.. :shrugs:

Tula_Montage
05-13-2007, 08:31 PM
Has she gained any weight recently?

Noe..gr
05-13-2007, 08:43 PM
I don't think so.I haven't kept a weight record on her,but looks big as always...

The whole thing is very strange because she has always been an eating machine.