PDA

View Full Version : corn not feeding

corn not feeding

speedymk1
05-17-2007, 04:36 AM
hi i have a two year old corn snake and has stopped feeding ever since he shed about three weeks ago is this anything to worry about or will he need to be hand fed as he is still taking water hope someone can help.
thanks speedymk1

snakewispera snr
05-17-2007, 04:46 AM
Don't worry about it. Ours go off the boil sometimes, and don't feed for a while.
as long as its taking water isn't loosing weight and looks fine in itself I wouldn't worry yet
just keep an eye on it

speedymk1
05-17-2007, 04:52 AM
:cheers: snakewispera snr will keep an eye on him thanks

snakewispera snr
05-17-2007, 04:54 AM
how long have you had him?

speedymk1
05-17-2007, 04:59 AM
had him about six months now and never had problems with him feeding

snakewispera snr
05-17-2007, 05:04 AM
Just one of them things then I guess
Have you weighed him ?, so at least you then have an idea of how he's doing if he stops feeding for any period of time

Mythaz
05-17-2007, 06:25 AM
I also would recommend weighing him, so you can keep an eye on him. But maybe it's "normal". I've got a 6 year old male that goes of feed every year around this time (breeding season). He keeps it up for about 2 months. Doesn't have any interest in meals, but will keep drinking, and is actively trying to get out of the cage. Mostly at night time, but that may depend on the snake. Of cours, lot's depend on the snake. My snake is about 5 feet long, and weights about 700 grams, quit a big fellow in other words. He usually hardly loses any weight by not feeding for 2 months.

Hope this helps get you're mind at ease.

Greets

Mythaz