PDA

View Full Version : a pissed of corn snake

a pissed of corn snake

dhs545
03-02-2003, 04:23 PM
I have a baby corn snake. Ive had it for about 2 months. When i first bought it, i would let it crawl around on my hand and arm and it wouldnt be aggitated at all. But recently i accidently left my cracked and he somehow managed to get out. I found him in another room under a dresser. When i reached to get him out he cocked his head back ready to bite. He has never done that to me before. Then i managed to get him out and start walking back to his tank. He was wiggling and squirming in my hand trying to get loose and he bit me in the hand(also something he has never done). So i put him back in his tank. Then when i went to feed him a few days later he struck at my hand again(but missed thanks to my quick reaction). Now everytime I try to feed him or even to pick him up and let him crawl around outside his tank, he seems to be all pissed off and ready to bite. What do I do to make him more comfortable? Is this just baby snake behavior or will he be like this for a long time?

Khaman
03-02-2003, 04:28 PM
I have noticed that after they have escaped they tend to get this way but they get over it.

13mur 6
03-05-2003, 01:13 AM
Baby snakes in general are pretty nippy and tail buzzy. But in your case I could understand even more. Imagine being a helpless little baby and one minute you're in your nice cozy cage with lotsa hides, the next minute you're in a hostile world where big feet come to squash you every now and then with no place to hide. I'd be hella scared. I think you just need to give it some time to calm down (could take a lil while) it's probably just aggitated from the ordeal, but corns generally grow mellow as they age. Just keep handling her, and she'll grow to know who you are and won't bite.

-13mur 6