• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feeling dry

Filovirus

But you can call me Bob..
sounds funny.. but here's the story..

moved kellog to her new vivarium on saunday gone.. she seemed really happy.. exploring the place, climbing and gerally just hanging about... fed her there as I've always done... (in the viv)

anyway... this morning i've come down and changed her water... i took her out, but she instantly felt different.. dry... kinda the best way to descibe it... i know she's always dry.. but this was less smooth...

any ideas..?? anything to worry about..??

cheers...

Bob :eek:

did you change the bedding? Do you use carefresh? Try giving her a coolwip tub full of damp tissue (just cut a hole the lid). Should fix up that prob. Or maybe she's going to shed soon. Dry skin is bad, worse than it is for humans, very painful, you get mad snake:mad: .

-13mur 6

i changed the bedding from one sheet of astro turf to a larger sheet as the viv just got larger...

i dont know what carefresh is as I'm in the UK.. and besides i didn't use anything for anything...

I'll have to see what she's up to tonight..

thankyou anyway...

at least i know that it's something i should keep my eye on...

Are you sure its not cause your snakes about to shed? My snakes feel kinda dry and crinkly when they are post blue eye but pre shed. Just a thought!

well when i got home last night i got her out the viv and she seemed fine... i dont know.. maybe it was me...

she isn't about to shed.. she did that opnly a few weeks back..

either way alls good now..

thankyou .. :)

Back