PDA

View Full Version : Spray paint

Spray paint

Nomed
05-30-2007, 03:27 PM
I want to spray paint a few things I want to put in my snakes tank. But is it safe? Will it hurt him?

If noone knows I would rater not experiment.
I deffitnally dont want to put a snakes life in danger to make something look more appealing.

thanks in advanced

Nomed

Plissken
05-30-2007, 03:30 PM
I tend to feel that painted objects inside exotic enclosures aren't a good idea. I can't tell you whether it will harm your snake or not, but if you do it, make sure it is 100% dried and there are no fumes whatsoever.

Jcapicy
05-30-2007, 03:32 PM
just give it a full 48-72 hours to set and i'd recommend an enamal based although acrylic might be ok. just not a latex based and there is a clear coat you can use i think by krylon that works great for making a clear plastic look that is smooth and hard to scratch. and always give the presribed amount of time between layers, the end project is so much better.

just out of curiousity what are you painting anyways?

Nomed
05-30-2007, 03:38 PM
I want to spray paint a few branches eyectric green cause everything is white in the tank So I'm gonna have a black light on behind the tank making it all glow and I think a few neon colored things would look cool.

Its for a pb so the tank itself is going to be failry humid and its going to be hot so maybe the paint will melt off or something I dont know there is something about it that gives me a bad feeling so I'm probably not going to do it. I'll check out a store like spencers to see if they have some cool neon stuff I can put to use.

Jcapicy
05-30-2007, 03:42 PM
be careful what you use for chemicals, if you are using a blacklight white should be just fine as it will glow and anything dark will have a good silouette against the white and vice versa.

i wonder how an opal or luecistic rat would look under black light.........

HMMMMMM

Nomed
05-30-2007, 03:51 PM
haha I wanted to get a blizzard corn and get black lights but then I fell in love with my ghost. haha I'm suck a club freak/techno junkie its not even funny Kade has the natural set up and the ball I'm going to get is going to be raised to be a candy club girl lol :] All of her hides are white, her substrate is white and even her water dish is. I'm going to sand some branches to see if I can get them light enough to glow lol :]
:offtopic:
I'm not sure what morph to get they have a really pretty light normal (black and meduim nice toned gold) at the store I am getting one from (and my workplace in a year you have to be 16 to work there) I think they sold the female I wanted unless the other still in the tank is a female ill get her if ifs a boy ill wait for their next shipment of them maybe they will get spiders in! But god knows I cant afford one the ones in now are $70 they used to be $137 then they got more reptiles in and they need more room so they lowered the price.