PDA

View Full Version : Nasty, Nasty, NASTY #$@$ corn

Nasty, Nasty, NASTY #$@$ corn

SPJ
03-07-2003, 05:49 PM
I have had this corn since last fall. It is handled just about every day (except for when in shed or after eating) and it is getting MEANER every day. I only handle it about 10 minutes at a time since it is SOOOOO aggressive.
I go near the cage and BAM, it strikes the glass multiple times. Forget about reaching in without a hook (it will nail you). When I finally get it out, it craps and bites.
What the hell is wrong with this thing? Instead of calming down with gentle handling, it gets more pissy. This snakes attitude has been completely changing as it matures. Where is the friendly little corn I brought home?
This is like 8 months of trying to work with the little $%@#. It eats great and sheds perfectly. It is now about 18 inches and as thick as my middle finger (Yes I use that finger a lot when dealing with it).
What can be done to calm it down? It is actually a CB male but you would never know it. It acts like a ticked off WC. Anyone have any ideas on what to do with this guy (besides putting him in a cage with an adult Cal King)?
Thanks.

CornCrazy
03-07-2003, 07:49 PM
I have heard that some corns are aggressive, but it is very rare. None of mine are that way so I have no experience with them...this no suggestions. I just wanted to wish you luck with him.

Elaphe_Mo
03-07-2003, 08:00 PM
I've got one of those. Beautiful silver queen ghost, meanest attitude ever. I have given up hope that I will ever be able to handle him without getting bitten or musked/pooped on, as regular handling over the last two and a half years has not mellowed him out. I guess sometimes you just get unlucky with a snake's personality. Still, one meanie out of over 25 snakes isn't bad...

bmm
03-07-2003, 09:41 PM
hmmm Yep some snakes are just that...."mean"

Aside from handling everyday like you already are, there is nothing more you can really do.

bmm

13mur 6
03-08-2003, 03:49 PM
Heehee, how big is he? Atleast he doesn't constrict like my blizzard. Had her for close to 3 years now, handled her for 2 of those years regularly, and then gave up when she got big. She's yet to poop on me, but she bites me every single time I attempt to pick her up and coils and constricts my wrist until my hand turns purple. The only way I could get her off was to get a deep bucket full of water and dunk her in there till she lets go. She's drawn blood a couple times already too.

I have thus named this snake Lillith, she's very pretty, but she's just plain evil.

-13mur 6

SPJ
03-08-2003, 06:31 PM
I guess this one is just mean. I have another one that is a little smaller than him and his attitude is totally different. You can reach in and pick him up without any worries.
I haven't had to deal with the constricting part. He eats f/t and doesn't even attempt to constrict that either. Just goes over and starts swallowing.
This one is really trying my patience. Even reaching in for the water bowl or doing regular maintenace is an "experience" with him.

13mur 6
03-08-2003, 08:00 PM
Yep, same here, when I step just a little too close to the cage, she's coiled and ready, once I open the door, she's aiming already, and then the minute she sees my hand, boom, tagged. I use a plane of frosted glass with a handle epoxied to it as a shield when I have to change water and stuff, and I always use snake tongs to get her out when I need to do cage cleaning. I treat her just like a hot snake. Like I said, evil.

-13mur 6